European bumpers wanted

Fiataccompli

Chris Granju
anyone sitting on a set of at least halfway decent European/'74US bumpers? I made a modicum of headway on the '79 "hot rod" X1/9 I adopted a few months ago and after now having my 85 with no bumpers for a couple of years, I feel like the ones on the 79 need to go. This one will probably be a Carl Friedman tribute car ultimately, thus only the basics...so no bumpers at all could be in the cards, or a set that may need a little love would be pretty cool. I can weld & bend metal....

If you have time to make your own I can walk you through the process of fabrication of the blades/covers.
Regards

I have some shock tubes and blocks (off a '78) that could be a good starting point, that's what I was saving them for....

Those ones on ebay actually look like european bumpers and blocks, not US '74 ones... so that's a pretty good price.

edit ... just noticed there in NZ, so they would be... funny he ships to the US but not to Australia?

SteveC

If you have time to make your own I can walk you through the process of fabrication of the blades/covers.
Regards

I'd be interested in seeing that, do you have it in a format you could easily translate to a "how to" post? Not that I'm ready to modify my X, but I'd like to see what's involved.

Pete

I will see if I can do little project and document for the forum... I have been thinking about doing the euro bumpers for my X since last year... This could be the fire to get me started! :)
I like the way those bumpers look without the pods...
The are very similar to the ones they had on the DeTomaso 1600 Spider...
I'd be interested in seeing that, do you have it in a format you could easily translate to a "how to" post? Not that I'm ready to modify my X, but I'd like to see what's involved.

Pete

Pete
I used this process to make my current bumper cover and the 74-78 spoiler center section on my '79.
image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG
Uploaded all of these at the same time... One right, two upside down...
The first two show the parts fiberglassed and painted... I can't decide which I like best black or body color. The other shows the center section glassed and mocking up the shape for the bumper. The process is stupid easy so it is a great fit for me! :)
Regards

Which process? I'd consider making some ...I can usually do anything i need to, it's more of a matter of time than anything else. Guess I need to figure out how much the cool bumpers (vs no bumpers) is worth to me on this particular car. Thanks!

Bit Harsh :) I consider myself a Piwi..... part time Pome full time Kiwi :)[/QUOTE]

Oi Daz, no half measures with Poms, mate! Once a Pom - always a Pom!! ;)
Hey, I never got a reply - to my reply back to your message - a few weeks ago?
Are you back into X's again??
cheers, IanL

Bit Harsh :) I consider myself a Piwi..... part time Pome full time Kiwi :)

Oi Daz, no half measures with Poms, mate! Once a Pom - always a Pom!! ;)
Hey, I never got a reply - to my reply back to your message - a few weeks ago?
Are you back into X's again??
cheers, IanL[/QUOTE]
Certainly am mate

Back