Eurosport body kit help

Mark Olson

True Classic
I have a Eurosport body kit I intend to install on my '74 X19 (along with a K20 conversion). I would really like to talk to someone who has installed this kit before. Any help would be appreciated.

Possibly @rachaeljf knows about it. She has a lot of experience with such things in general.

That's a cool body kit. Pretty rare, where did you find it?

I believe there was a couple versions of it over the years, so it might help if you can post a pic of the specific kit you have.

Body Kit 3.jpg
Body Kit 3.jpg
Body Kit Front.jpg
Body Kit rear.jpg
Possibly @rachaeljf knows about it. She has a lot of experience with such things in general.

That's a cool body kit. Pretty rare, where did you find it?

I believe there was a couple versions of it over the years, so it might help if you can post a pic of the specific kit you have.

Thanks for the tip, I have sent her a message. I got this from Brett off this forum, he had ordered it directly from CASU.

Is CASU still in business? Their web site is up, but I found a couple of the sub page links are dead. The X1/9 page still shows up with the Eurosport kit.

I spoke to them a couple years ago, but as I recall they were not particularly helpful when it came to installation guidance. If I can't find someone who has a few pictures of their cuts I will try them again to see if they will give me any contacts.

Very cool Mark. I like that one. I also like their version of the Dallara kit because it isn't intended to be a true copy, but a simplified design.

Some of the CASU kits were made to be "bolt on". The panels were complete replacements for existing ones. But I don't believe this one is.

I played with building a couple of kit cars back in the late 70's. Most of the companies selling them weren't able to offer much info or assistance. I had the impression they were just fiberglass shops making the parts that someone else designed. But a few kits were sold by the company that actually designed them and would even offer to install them (for a fee). In some cases you could buy a detailed installation manual as a option.

I've installed MANY aftermarket spoilers, air dams, fender flares, etc. on all manor of vehicles over the years. Most of them were not difficult to tell where to cut; trace the panel onto the body, then cut a couple inches short of that, and trim to fit. But all of them usually need additional fitting work and brackets fabricated. So it becomes a fair amount of effort.
I'm currently installing a fiberglass air dam on one of my X's. Unfortunately it is of very poor quality and design, so it's a mess to install. Hopefully your kit is better.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

I've been on hiatus from most things Fiat, but trying to get caught up... FWIW, I didn't get any instructions when I bought and imported the kit. I had planned on pretty much what Jeff suggests, hold the panel up to the car and trace it and figure it out, always erroring on the side of leaving extra material. You can always trim more, and some might be useful in re-bending and using as support for the fiberglass...

I've been on hiatus from most things Fiat, but trying to get caught up... FWIW, I didn't get any instructions when I bought and imported the kit. I had planned on pretty much what Jeff suggests, hold the panel up to the car and trace it and figure it out, always erroring on the side of leaving extra material. You can always trim more, and some might be useful in re-bending and using as support for the fiberglass...

I think he figured out where to go with it in terms of cutting - this is the build thread. That one definitely requires more intense cutting than the US Dallara kit I used on mine :D

As I understood Cascu sold molds to the "Phoenix classic auto panels" (can find on facebook).

Have talked with Phoenix.. when almost bought kit. It was just before virus came to EU.

Nice to hear from you. Hope everything is good and you are staying well. Still have any X's?
Yes, I still have 4 counting the race-only and the parts car. :)
I'm hoping that life calms down a bit soon so I can get back to working on them again. I *did* just submit an order to Midwest-Bayless to replace the problematic headlights in the one that is still (mostly, fighting a variety of electrical issues) roadworthy.

Back