exhaust\intake manifolds question

Depends on what you are really asking. The stud spacing and port configurations are the same so any manifold should bolt on to any head. There are apparently many different iterations of both exhaust and intake manifolds and different markets had different manifolds. here in the US with strict emissions requirements the manifolds got more restrictive than the European manifolds. Others will give you a much more detailed answer.

thank you Carl, yes i know that there are different manifolds around..i have intake\exhaust for a 1300 (full power 75hp euro motor) and wonder if i can fit them on a 1500 motor, or must source proper 1500 manifolds.

i guess the intake should be the same (both motors have the same intake valves diameter)..dont know for the exhaust (the 1500 has 1mm larger exhaust valves)

thank you Carl, yes i know that there are different manifolds around..i have intake\exhaust for a 1300 (full power 75hp euro motor) and wonder if i can fit them on a 1500 motor, or must source proper 1500 manifold.

i guess the intake should be the same (both motors have the same intake valves diameter)..dont know for the exhaust (the 1500 has 1mm larger exhaust valves)
Reference to ports:
IIRCC the Euro 1300 intake is roughly the size of our 1500 intake. The largest intake manifold is the Euro1500. You may need to up-jet your main or change your pilot jet when switching. Similar with the exhaust manifolds. The US dual outlet is the best we had, but is basically similar to an early Euro 1300. The later Euro 1500 is the largest.
To answer your earlier question, the answer is yes the Euro 1300 stuff will mount right upto your 1500 without issues.

i will mount a DMTR34 on the 1500.. problem is this: the seller of the motor has the complete car (1981 ritmo bertone cabrio 85S), he sells me the bare motor (without ancillaries) for 300,00 eu, any other part that i need will be charged separate..so i need the carb for sure, but i'm not sure i must purchase the manifolds (i already have the manifolds mounted on the car on the 1300 that i currently run)

of course all the other parts (distributor, starter motor, generator) will be harvested from my 1300, so dont need to buy them

As I understand there were some differences in the diameters of the runners and inlets/outlets for various manifolds, but I don't have the specific details. See if this was covered in the write-up by SteveC (FiatFactory). He describes several manifolds in both the induction section and the exhaust section. And his information is centered on the engines in Australia, which might be more relative to your Euro market parts (US stuff is always much different, so our answers may not apply in every case for you). Here is a link to his document:
https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/ultimate-sohc-engine.22546/
It's a long write-up and you will have to take the time to dig through it to find the info, but I think it may be the best source for this sort of data.

just read again the steve's writeup..looks like exhaust manifold it's larger, intake should be the same..
As I recall the Euro 1500 intake is larger by a couple mm. The increased diameter is just inside of the runners and not at the port. The inlet Port at the flange is the same diameter, across the spectrum of manifolds. I believe this is notated in Steve's write up. A good rule of thumb and ease on ones brain from being hung up on all the various part numbers and specs, is always (when possible) is to use Euro 1500 X1/9 parts. These were the best performing and highest rated X1/9s, so it only makes sense to begin there.

Back