Factory transmission workshop manual

fastfiat81

Mr. Speed
I used to have one of these in pdf but seem to have lost it. Does anyone have a copy they can email me? Fastfiat81 at gee mail.

Thanks much
Tony

That's pretty cool Tony, I don't recall ever seeing that. If anyone has a copy please add it to the forum with the other workshop manuals. ;)

Really... I remember having a step by step teardown and rebuild of the transmission. Complete with pictures. It isn't in the Hanes manual. So it isn't a factory manual. Is there something out there like what I am describing?

I have several Factory Service Manuals from various years and have never seen anything more than what's in the standard manual.

Are you thinking of the 5 speed 101 in the Wiki section? Also, Bernice (Rapunzel) authored a thread in the workshop forum with lots of photos and detailed descriptions of tear down and reassembly. Well worth reading.
That's what I was referring to when I said a write up by Steve...I got the wrong author. :rolleyes:

But this does remind me....Steve, weren't you going to do a series on rebuilding the X trans? ;)

OK I guess it was the workshop manual after all. Looks familiar. I am aware of Steve' s and Bernice's contributions as well. I reads those years ago when I rebuilt my trans the first time.

Thanks all. I will download the workshop manual in its entirety if possible.

Thanks!

Are you looking for the original factory manual? There is not very much in it compared to Steve's write-up.

Attachments

• X1-9_212.21_21-25.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
This is kind of interesting. For the transmission in the 124 cars there is a very detailed factory rebuild manual. Nothing ever existed for the x1/9 or 128?

Back