Faza Cam Timing

Robert Mose

True Classic
I attempting to index my Faza 35/75 cam. Using a dial indicator and a degree wheel I marked the position where the exhaust and intake valves were fully open on cylinder 1. The two markes were 252 degrees apart. Am I correct in assuming that TDC is midway between those marks?. Was I correct in using cylinder 1?.

How I did my cam

It's all right here:

http://www.iskycams.com/degreeing.html

I used the split centerline method. The assumption in all this is that the lobe is symetric which I really don't know for a fact but it's a pretty good bet.

BTW 252 degrees seems like a lot. I have something like 210-220 degrees with my Faza 35-75

Last edited:
Here is what I did

Thanks for the advise Paul. I should have picked up that 252 was way to long. I figured that I must have measured wrong at some point. I could not redo it as I had already bolted the cam box on.
I ended up puting the piston 1 up to the top and rotating the cam until it hit the piston and then rotating it in the opposite direction until it stopped and split the difference of the angles. That gives me TDC for piston 4 and adding 180 degrees will give me TDC for 1. I have an interferance engine now due to the HC pistons.

Back