FFO 2021 Lancaster, PA 6/23-27/21

I've got a 15 hour drive up from Central FL. 1.5 days each way. But well worth it. I'm from Reading, PA (just 30 miles from Lancaster) and I have family & friends in the Philly, Harrisburg & Baltimore areas that will come out to play.
I think i'll pass on this one. Too far of a drive and i'm not much for crowded NE roads. So let me ask, any of you SE guys, or for that matter mid atlantic folks interested in a mountain rally type get together in the Blue Ridge or Smokies? I live in Charlotte, NC and we travel the state a lot. My wife and I just got back from Boone, and the roads as well as the BBQ up there are amazing. I could say the same for Brevard, NC which has the most insane twisty mountain road i've ever seen which is 276 NW out of Brevard. My 4 yo actually puked going down it near Looking Glass waterfall. My Fulvia is ready for some fun.

I think i'll pass on this one. Too far of a drive and i'm not much for crowded NE roads. So let me ask, any of you SE guys, or for that matter mid atlantic folks interested in a mountain rally type get together in the Blue Ridge or Smokies? I live in Charlotte, NC and we travel the state a lot. My wife and I just got back from Boone, and the roads as well as the BBQ up there are amazing. I could say the same for Brevard, NC which has the most insane twisty mountain road i've ever seen which is 276 NW out of Brevard. My 4 yo actually puked going down it near Looking Glass waterfall. My Fulvia is ready for some fun.
I do not dispute roads in Boone / Asheville / Brevard are awesome, but EASTERN STYLE BBQ FTW!!!!

Also, try NC208 from Waynesville to Hot Springs... It's a former FFO drive and well worth it.
Kevin, have you ridden into Lake Lure through Hickory Nut Gap/Gerton via 74alt? There's a nice little hamburger/farmers market at the bottom of the hill called Hickory Nut Gap farm. Thats a fun twisty road with real nice scenery and a good lunch spot at Hickory Nut Gap or in lake lure

Assuming my X gets back on the road this summer, I'd be at least tentatively interested. South Florida has a dearth of (1) winding roads and (2) good bbq.

Kevin, have you ridden into Lake Lure through Hickory Nut Gap/Gerton via 74alt? There's a nice little hamburger/farmers market at the bottom of the hill called Hickory Nut Gap farm. Thats a fun twisty road with real nice scenery and a good lunch spot at Hickory Nut Gap or in lake lure
I run this route kinda regular. I work for NC DOT and cover Polk, Transylvania, Henderson, and Haywood counties.

Haven't ever stopped at Hickory Nut Farms but have heard it is good.

Denise Burchette has a fall event in the Asheville area you might consider contacting her.

Haven't ever stopped at Hickory Nut Farms but have heard it is good.
Its a trip, the last time we were sitting in the cafe section eating a hamburger and a couple kids came in with dead copperheads dripping blood all over the floor. They had found the snakes in the apple grove and killed them, then dragged them into the cafe to show the owner or manager. I literally had a mouthful of burger and was looking at headless copperheads and these kids with big smiles on there face. It was instantly revolting but a refreshing reminder of being in a very rural place and that these were tough kids. I think once before I was in there and saw a bearded lady buying IPA's.

Don't know if anyone can answer, but I was going to go as a spectator, as I'm not 100% sure I can make the trip, life is a bit crazy lately. Joined the Fiat club already, just didn't register for the Freakout. We have room reservation at the hotel, not through the Fiat club, so i can cancel if needed, but the question is without buying a wristband, can I still attend the show as a spectator, parking lot events etc. and just not show the car and, of course, not attend the dinner/banquet?
Didn't see any point of contact on the site.
Thanks

Yes, you can walk the event as a spectator with no fee's incurred.

I am jokingly referred to as a member of the PB&J club (those who do not attend meals, do not pony up $ for expensive tours) (Hey, I have an ex-wife, a wife, and 4 kids to support on a gov't salary), but as a board member of the Club, always looked out for those who couldn't afford the full blown package, but deserved to be there.

All are welcome. You can drive the tours (just cannot get the t-shirt or prizes) and can tour the concourse field, just will not be able to attend the catered lunches and dinners. The best part of FFO is the cold beer and touring the host hotel parking lot after hours anyway, talking to all your friends / soon to be friends.

I'm going with a friend. Actually driving his spider up. I tried to register but since the spider is not in my name I was told not to register. So I'm going as a spectator. I think he has registered the second car. Does this sound right?

I have been getting the email nags for days with the FFO countdown, now Karl joins in on reminding me. :)

I will not be attending this year.
Nor will I. MWB Open house is on my list, I nee to book a room for Friday night.

If anyone one wants to join us, a group of us are meeting at the King Or Prussia rest stop off the PA Turnpike at 10:00 am.

Thanks

Back