FFO 2022 the old guys will attend

Wheels up 5:00 AM Friday morning.

TonyK.

I'm north of Dallas if you're coming down US 75 and want to stop in and say hi, or need a place to stop to do mechanical work for any reason. Could even put you up for the night if your schedule works out that way.

As of 6:28 I have the truck loaded and ready to go south to Bob Martin's in Radcliff Kentucky. The back of the pickup truck has parts, spares and what ever else I could think of. I am sure I forgot something. I am leaving at 5:00 AM on the 23rd and hope to be at Bob's by 5:00pm God willing.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

Last edited:
As of 6:28 I have the truck loaded and ready to go south to Bob Martin's in Radcliff Kentucky. The back of the pickup truck has parts, spares and what ever else I could think of. I am sure I forgot something. I am leaving at 5:00 AM on the 23rd and hope to be at Bob's by 5:00pm God willing.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

View attachment 66147
View attachment 66148
View attachment 66149
Safe travels.

Those are a some nice wood blocks.

Thanks Jim for the post, It has been great having you here working on Bob's car. We should have done this years ago.

A few pictures from my perspective. We have the cars loaded for our trip to The Woodlands Texas.

TonyK at Bob Martin's, with Jim Decker in Radcliff Kentucky.

IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG
IMG_0397.JPG
IMG_0398.JPG
IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

Sunday September 25th Bob and I hit the road and are about 15 miles outside of Little Rock Arkansas. We spent about 8 hours driving pulling the trailer and 2 X1/9's fuel consumption is high and we are only getting about 15 miles to the US Gallon. Diesel is anywhere from $5.35 to $4.18 a gallon. We settled in for the night at the Holiday Inn and walked to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. Bob is bushed and called it a night 8:00 PM Kentucky time,.

TonyK. With Bob Martin on the road just out side of Little Rock Arkansas

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

Glad you guys are doing well. I was home by 11AM CDT today. I hope your trip continues smoothly. It was great getting to spend a couple days at Camp Martin, it really has to be seen to be believed. Bob has created a little slice of heaven in Kentucky. :)

Peering over the fence of Camp Martin, here are Bob and Tony's Abarth swapped Xs ready to depart for FFO. The sun was setting on us, this picture was taken right after we got them loaded up.
Xs at sunset.jpg

Bob and I put in another 7 hours of driving and are currently about 1 hour from the event location. Had some good meals and are now at the Best Western, but no place to eat within walking distance. So we ordered a pizza and ate in the lobby. No problems to report, but lots of lookers and people interested in the cars when we make a stop.

Will be at the event tomorrow morning and unload the cars. Then sit by the pool and enjoy the weather as it is 90 degrees here and low humidity.

TonyK with Bob Martin in Texas.
IMG_0406.JPG
IMG_0408.JPG
IMG_0411.JPG
IMG_0413.JPG
IMG_0414.JPG
IMG_0420.JPG

Taking into account the cuisine from Sunday evening, I gotta think that the first 50-100 miles this morning were driven with the windows down for the, ahem, fresh air. :p :p :p

Bob and I arrived at the Woodlands at 9:30 AM and got checked in and the cars off of the trailer. The place is deserted. Only a few families at the pool and it looks like the Fiat crowd as they move in are taking over the hotel. Weather hear is about 85 but it is dry, however staying in the sun will make you feel the heat. Bob called it an early night and I am catching up on emails. Here are a few pictures of us unloading the cars.

TonyK with Bob Martin in the Woodlands Texas.

IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0425.JPG
IMG_0426.JPG
IMG_0427.JPG
IMG_0431.JPG
IMG_0432.JPG
IMG_0436.JPG
IMG_0439.JPG

The biggest "hill" you could find for unloading was a curb? :) I hope you guys have a great week.

The biggest "hill" you could find for unloading was a curb? :) I hope you guys have a great week.
The problem here is there are trees everywhere with golf cart paths and more curbs. So you find a depression that would work but then we need 14' for the ramps and room to turn the car when it gets on the ground. We managed but I don't think we will be in any better shape loading either.

TonyK with Bob Martin in The Woodlands Texas.

The problem here is there are trees everywhere with golf cart paths and more curbs. So you find a depression that would work but then we need 14' for the ramps and room to turn the car when it gets on the ground. We managed but I don't think we will be in any better shape loading either.

TonyK with Bob Martin in The Woodlands Texas.
Ask the front desk if the resort has a loading dock, they probably do, then go scope it out. Since everything is on wheels, don't limit yourself to the resort lots. There are lots of lots near the Woodlands that might provide a better loading spot. Maybe the local Fiat club hosting the event would have some ideas.

I bet you guys are glad this is a temporary trailer. :)

Ask the front desk if the resort has a loading dock, they probably do, then go scope it out. Since everything is on wheels, don't limit yourself to the resort lots. There are lots of lots near the Woodlands that might provide a better loading spot. Maybe the local Fiat club hosting the event would have some ideas.

I bet you guys are glad this is a temporary trailer. :)
We did try the front desk and the loading area, we could put the car on the dock, but could not get it down from there. We can ask about another area off site and scope it out.

Thanks.

TonyK with Bob Martin in The Woodlands Texas

You could let the air out of the trailer tires to lower it 4 inches. :cool:

Back