FFO 2023

JKIDD

Auto Addict
Nobody has mentioned the 2023 FFO? It's in my homestate of NH!!! I've never been to 1, and I hope to own an Azurra Spider by then. Maybe I can bring that & the X. (X19, not the x-wife..) Any tips on attending 1 of these events would be appreciated. I wouldn't stay at the resort as it's less than an hour from my house.

My tip is if it's even remotely close to where you live...you absolutely MUST go. The events and drives are fun. The Concorso show is fantastic if not for the variety of cars seen, but just the sheer volume of that many Fiats gathered in one place. But "by far" the best part of FreakOut is meeting not just like minded people, but realizing that the vast majority of the kind of folks who love these little cars (both new and old) are really cool, very friendly and the kind of humans that you want to party with, get to know and enjoy their company. I attended my first one last year in Lancaster and despite the fact that I blew my head gasket the 2nd day there (after my morning dyno run) and was essentially "done for the week", I still had a great time. I was overwhelmed with the generosity of guys like Mike Louviere and Shannon Gutierrez, who drove in from Iowa and volunteered to load my car on their trailer, drive it to Concorso, off load it at the show so I could still participate and display my X, load it back up and return my car to the hotel. AND IT WAS THEIR IDEA! Or Elial McGurk who heard about my troubles and sought me out so I could join him in his car during the drive outing that he participated with the other Spyders... and while paused in the middle of the drive he jumps out and tells me to take over driving the second leg of the trip. THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME HE WAS EVER A PASSENGER IN HIS OWN CAR! Or Denise "Spyder Lady" Burchette, who overheard me telling someone how U-Haul screwed me at the last minute and sent a text that the rental center I ordered my trailer from would not have it ready for me on the day I was heading home, and that I would have to pick it up at another location 30 miles away from our hotel! She immediately came up to me and said she and her sister (who were trailering her car back home) would be happy to drop me off at the rental center. When her truck spun a bearing and broke down 10 miles from the U-Haul, she called Hagerty roadside assistance to come pick up the truck, opened the trailer, offloaded her Spyder and drove me the rest of the way to the U-Haul. She left her sister on the side of the road on a 90 degree day with no AC, dropped me off and had to drive another 8 miles or so to the next exit to make a U-Turn and head back to get her sister, before driving back home to North Carolina, in her Spyder!

For what it's worth... I had never met or spoken with any of them until I arrived at the event, they didn't know me from Adam, and still they all helped!

Amazing people! That's what FreakOut is all about!

P.S. Bring a cooler and lots of beer to share with everyone for the late night parking lot parties!

Last edited:
I'll be there, not sure what I will be driving though. Scorpion maybe.

B1D9BDF0-5D96-442D-8819-2874A6D5B080_1_105_c-XL.jpg

I have been to a few FFOs and enjoyed the experiences. It is nice to meet people face to face that I have "talked" to on the web for years. The 2023 event is a 20 hour drive from STL, so I probably won't be there, but never say never.

The evening parking lot gatherings are a lot of fun. 🍻🥃🍸🍹🍷 Staying on site allows you to really enjoy that aspect of the FFO. 🤪 😈

About a 6 hour drive for me. Problem is, it's too close to the end of the school year - very hectic days, the 1st 2 weeks in June.

I could take off the Friday to make the drive; participate in Saturday's events, drive home Sunday. I dunno. The onsite gatherings are of more interest than long drives, as fun as those can be in a group outing.

About a 6 hour drive for me. Problem is, it's too close to the end of the school year - very hectic days, the 1st 2 weeks in June.

I could take off the Friday to make the drive; participate in Saturday's events, drive home Sunday. I dunno. The onsite gatherings are of more interest than long drives, as fun as those can be in a group outing.
It would be worth it, an opportunity to meet a few more of the denizens of the various forums we all inhabit.

I expect to be there this year, not sure what I will drive (as in it may not be a Fiat) it is definitely more about the people though this even not being in a built up area will have good driving experiences.

My wife won’t be with me as she has to work prior to having some hand surgery after I get back, her recovery will take over the rest of the summer so there goes the fun for the summer next year.

I expect to be there this year, not sure what I will drive (as in it may not be a Fiat) it is definitely more about the people though this even not being in a built up area will have good driving experiences.

My wife won’t be with me as she has to work prior to having some hand surgery after I get back, her recovery will take over the rest of the summer so there goes the fun for the summer next year.

Any idea on who to reach out to regarding renewing membership? The weblink does not work - it just cycles from the renew link to a 'you must login' page.
Screen Shot 2022-12-25 at 12.58.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-25 at 12.57.55 PM.png

EDIT - found a way to email them off the website

Last edited:
Putting this here so I don't forget - Fri June 9th is the day I will need to take off. I can drive up Thursday after school, get there around 9pm. Leave Sunday. Sounds like a plan. :)

Be nice to meet some new faces. Hopefully I can find someone to Dyno-tune the revised setup I have now.

5.5 hours from Quebec province! Start to thinking... That will be a great meet.

Last edited:
5.5 hours from Quebec province! Start to thinking... That will be a great meet.
I think it's only about 3.5 hours from you. According to Google Maps, 5.5 hours from my house to the hotel. And it's the weekend before the Italian Car Parade in Ottawa. Hmmmmm.....

FFO_route.jpg

Roy

We are planning on being there. The NNE group held an event in VT last year. They really put the effort in.
This will only be our second FFO and are looking forward to it.
Hopefully we will driving this.

Attachments

• 80E373BD-878F-4738-9AAA-9329D9893E0C.jpeg
    80E373BD-878F-4738-9AAA-9329D9893E0C.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 107
Bloody Hell. The Hotel is already sold out. They have nothing on the FFO page that covers contingency arrangements, or how parking, meals etc., that have been paid for will be handled.

I've not attended any FFO in the past, so I don't know how this goes. I assume this is a fairly common occurrence?

I did email the Fiat Club, so I'll see how they respond.

Bloody Hell. The Hotel is already sold out.

Are you a FCA member? The FCA email game is on point and really annoying when you don't even plan to go. :)

I have been getting weekly emails to two of my email account regarding the hotel status. The hotel was 75% booked on Jan 26 and full on Feb 2nd. The Feb 2 email provided the alternative hotel info. Check your spam folder.

Back