FFO 2023

Personally I can't imagine going to an automotive event in the altogether. I go to look at cars & talk, I REALLY don't want to be looking at old farts like me in the buff.
The carshow was not at the resort. Just choose it over the host hotel. They were holding a 10K run and volleyball tournament that week. I was the old fart.

Last edited:
Yves, do you still have Kermit?
Yves had Kermit parked next to my black 86 at the CnC prior to the 2022 MWB open house.
20220618_102123.jpg

20220618_102103.jpg

Registered for the FFO today. Since this is in my home state, I've already driven many of the drives they suggested. I am doing the Mt Washington sunset drive. Haven't driven up there since I was in high school. Never seen a sunset from the top. I would be interested in participating in other drives if there was a group from here going. Do these usually get organized thru XWeb posts?

Fiat lost interest in the club a while ago, us old owners are too cheap to buy new Fiats…
When someone pees in the pool and leaves I don’t jump back in.

Also feel former club board members sold out and cashed in.

Last edited:
When someone pees in the pool and leaves I don’t jump back in.

Also feel former club board sold out and cashed in.
I am only interested in hanging with the folks I rarely see or have never met. The machinations in the club are of no interest to me as I have been on the receiving end of some of what you speak of.

Sadly, just as I was about to register for this year's FFO. I learned that I have a work conference during the same week, and my attendance is mandatory. It sucks because everyone that I wanted to hang with at the last one I attended couldn't go, and this year you'll all be there, and I wont. On a positive note... at least I won't be "that guy" who blows up his car at this year's event!

Sadly, just as I was about to register for this year's FFO. I learned that I have a work conference during the same week, and my attendance is mandatory. It sucks because everyone that I wanted to hang with at the last one I attended couldn't go, and this year you'll all be there, and I wont. On a positive note... at least I won't be "that guy" who blows up his car at this year's event!
Well Tom, at least you found out before you registered. :) It is a shame, because in relation to many FFO locations, this one is close-ish to you.

We all love that guy because he isn’t us.

A number of years ago my friend Denise Burchette was letting me codrive her 124 Spider at the FFO autocross. I did one run and the clutch felt funny. Second run still odd. As I was about to start my 3rd run the clutch went to the floor. The clutch cable snapped as they often do on 124s. That was the end of that activity.

Had to arrange a trailer to get back to the venue. Luckily found another participant who had a cable and changed it for her in the parking lot.

I got second fastest time of the day, my second time ever driving a 124 Spider.

Had she had her turn to drive I would have been 3rd, she is a much better driver than I am.

So I was that guy…

We all love that guy because he isn’t us.

A number of years ago my friend Denise Burchette was letting me codrive her 124 Spider at the FFO autocross. I did one run and the clutch felt funny. Second run still odd. As I was about to start my 3rd run the clutch went to the floor. The clutch cable snapped as they often do on 124s. That was the end of that activity.
Talk about paying it forward...You may remember my post from back when this happened. It was Denise who was kind enough to offer to drop me off at the U-Haul to pick up the trailer I rented to get my X back home. I felt really bad because just a couple of miles from the exit she spun a bearing in her truck, which was towing her Spider. She's amazing! Got on the phone with Hagerty Roadside assistance, made arrangements to get her truck towed to the nearest repair shop, opened up the trailer and fired up the Spider. She said "jump in" and off to the U-Haul we went! She had to circle back to get her sister who waited at the truck, they stuffed their luggage into the Spider and drove it all the way back home from Lancaster. This is why I'm so bummed. Because these are the kind of people I want to party with!

Back