1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fiat 128 1500 exhaust diameter ??

Discussion in 'Front Wheel Drive Fiats' started by Jimgkioulis, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Jimgkioulis

Jimgkioulis Daily Driver

hi. i have tunning 1500cc. i want to do exhaust. i have ansa 4 2 1. the other diameter is original. what is good diameter to put? 50mm? i dont want to lose hp at low rpm. original lancia 1500 what diameter exhaust have? thank you.

2. Kevin Channer

Kevin Channer True Classic

I think with a performance header you would want at least a 2" or 2.25" system to compliment the freer flowing exhaust, to big and you would probably lose some low end torque.

3. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

I agree with Kevin...for a 1500 to retain low end power with a ANSA 4:2:1 header, 50 to 55 mm would be good but no more. However verify that the muffler's internal design does not go below that; many have larger fittings on the outside than the pipes inside to save cost. Original Lancia diameter I'm not sure but I think around 40 - 45 mm?

4. Jimgkioulis

Jimgkioulis Daily Driver

i do it 50mm. before 107hp. with exhaust 109. i take 2 hp for all rpm. and with idf more hp at 1500-6300 i take 4-5hp. with exhaust i take up 7000. very good diameter. i think cam is small.

Dr.Jeff likes this.