Fiat 850 brake system.....

Fiat4Fun

True Classic
Howdy,
Working on my Fiat after it's winter sleep, and been working on getting it back together.This week, I replaced the rear brake drum shoes, cylinder and springs. Got it all cleaned up, adjusted parking brake, and now replacing the front brake pads, clips, etc.

The brake pedal was going to the floor, so I need to bleed the brakes, but the reservoir is so small.

I usually us a mighty vac to do brakes and draw brake fluid through at each bleeder, but I am worried about draining the reservoirs. So, maybe I should do it the old fashion way and have a friend pump the pedal three times, and lock the bleeder.
What is the best way to bleed the brakes on these cars? Any advice is appreciated.
Any thing I should look for???
Thanks
Bob

Pump three times and lock the bleeder. It is an easy car to bleed in my experience. I usually do it by myself with no issues.

Suggest SpeedBleeder (or the Russell equivalent) caliper bleed screws with the built-in check valves; I've put them on all of my cars, they make 1-person bleeding a lot more feasible. With those the 850 should be easy.

Actually use those on my 240z, I should get a set for the 850.
Got it done this past week using the pedal and a container. Was worried that my old master was not good, but it went fine ;-)

Back