Fiat 850 Coupe 1967(1000OT)

IMG_0937.JPG
IMG_0931.JPG

It is in very good condition! One of the best around!

The Montecarlo is progressing very slowly! I am searching for one original headlight and grille. It is getting hard to find parts that is not listed at MH.
The engine/gearbox is almost ready to put in, the interior needs soundproofing and a new carpet, the body needs welding in the left front wing and one seat mount.
Maybe I should start a thread in X1/20 forum.

Since my last report, little blue and I has attended another car show. The annual spring meet at Autovia in Norway.
We won 1. Prize in the class "Best Abarth", I did not know there was a contest so it was a nice surprise! :)

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG

Picture of the winners of "Best Abarth" :-D
IMG_2796.JPG

I also got a working auto lift in my garage, wooohooo!!! (Sorry for all the mess)
IMG_2795.JPG

Yes absolutely post in the x1/20 forum! I enjoyed your old posts about headlight modification and etc. Congratulations on the award, that Coupe is sublime. Very serious garage now. Looks like you also have some Yamahas? XS400 or SR500? I have both!

Nice lift, I'm shopping for one now. And the car on the right? 850 Spider on wire wheels?

Yes absolutely post in the x1/20 forum! I enjoyed your old posts about headlight modification and etc. Congratulations on the award, that Coupe is sublime. Very serious garage now. Looks like you also have some Yamahas? XS400 or SR500? I have both!

Thank you!

Yes I have two Yamaha RD400 Daytona, one to be kept original and the other one is going to be built cafe racer style.

Fantastic. Congrats on the award. The Spider is coming along very nicely. A few details and it will be amazing!

Its been over a year since my last update and a few things have been done to and with the car.

I managed to get a set of bucket seats in the right color and similar stitching to the original interior!
The new seats sit a little too high so my head hits the roof, I need to lower the rails about an inch.

To get the rideheight i wanted i have used two lowering devices, the Abarth OT leafspring and a lowering crossmember.
Basically there was no suspensiontravel at all, both uncomfortable and dangerous!

So i saved money and ordered a coilover set to get it sorted.

Last edited:
Then i painted it black, cause this ain't no circus! :-D

Blends nicely in now.

This is from Classic car meet at Rudskogen raceway, did a coupple of showlaps with other classics, fun.
On the trip we were 3 grown men in the car, on this pic only one of us is inside.....
Wonder how low it was with all of us. :-D

I attended a carshow at Autovia called Italan springmeet, and won "best in show"!
Won a nice set of Rupes car detailing and two very nice italian wines. That was fun!

A coupple of "beauty" shots!

I have some more plans, so more soon!

That is truly one nice car.

I have always wondered about putting all the suspension loads through the shock mounts both on the body and the cast upright.

Nice choice bits and pieces in any case.

That is truly one nice car.

I have always wondered about putting all the suspension loads through the shock mounts both on the body and the cast upright.

Nice choice bits and pieces in any case.

Thanks!

The front is very light, but i see your point.
When i am going to restore the body i will look in to this and maybe make some reinforcements to get it a bit stiffer.
It really is a much nicer drive with the coilovers, that is for sure.

I had wondered about that, the ride quality of the 850 in the front has always been a bit jouncy.

Good point about how light the car is in the front so it may not be a big issue.

Great to see the cars again.

Back