Fiat 850 Spider and parts - $2400 (Freeburg, IL) - CL listing

JimD

Waiting for Godot...
Not mine, just came across the listing in my usual searching. This 850 and parts stash is listed under "auto parts" rather than "Cars and trucks". In a coincidence, Freeburg, IL is where I found my former 124 Special a few years ago.

Here is the CL ad for the 850. The car doesn't look too bad really. Lots of parts too.

Freeburg 850 2.jpgFreeburg 850 1.jpg

Sadly this will start to become a trend as the stalwart Fiat hobbiests hit a certain age and just don't want to jerk around anymore with their Fiats and just want to watch the History channel on TV.

The CL ad says at the end "Part alone sold separately will bring $4,000 to $5,000. " The seller is high on exhaust fumes or something. He's got a $500 car and another $500 in parts.

And Carl, even though I've achieved A Certain Age and am getting tired of jerking around with my Fiats, I have no desire to watch the History Channel because they don't have shows about history anymore, just nonsense involving backwoods rednecks making duck calls and urban rednecks building unrideable custom motorcycles for People Of A Certain Age With More Money Than Sense.

The CL ad says at the end "Part alone sold separately will bring $4,000 to $5,000. " The seller is high on exhaust fumes or something. He's got a $500 car and another $500 in parts.

And Carl, even though I've achieved A Certain Age and am getting tired of jerking around with my Fiats, I have no desire to watch the History Channel because they don't have shows about history anymore, just nonsense involving backwoods rednecks making duck calls and urban rednecks building unrideable custom motorcycles for People Of A Certain Age With More Money Than Sense.

You have certainly nailed the "Grumpy Old Man" portion of the aging program. :)

Don't let Dave fool you, by my standards he is a kid. When your daughters get married and have kids and all you hear are conversations about what they are going to do with their children this fall ….or...your age starts with a minimum of a 7, then you will earn the respect of old agism.

I Don't watch the history channel, which as noted it isn't.

And don't let Carl fool you, he's actually very proud of his kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, etc.......

Back