Fiat 850 spider wing windows?

Fiat4Fun

True Classic
Ok, so I am putting my doors back together and I am trying to figure out a few things.

I must be getting old, because I don't remember how the wing windows go back into the door ;-0

So, is there a special bolt that goes into the door, through the wing window bottom mount and bolt into the outer door? It looks like the hole is big through the mount, but the door has a much smaller opening.

Is this a special pin or bolt? I don't have my micro fiche reader anymore, so I can't look it up. IS there a online version of the breakdown of parts for the spider?

One last question, do the rubber end pieces go in the window track prior to putting on the chrome trim?

Thanks so much for your help
Bob

Hi Bob, I can't help with BTDT reassembly instructions, but I do have a 69 parts car that I am tearing down and I can share any pictures you might need of an assembled wing window, and then as I take it apart. Let me know what would help.

Yes, anything that you can provide is helpful. I see the two holes, and the mounts for the wing windows. The mount looks to have bigger holes than where in bolts to the door. Any picture of the hardware and/or bolts would be very helpful.
ThanksBob

The oversize holes allow for adjustment during installation; there should be a washer to clamp it.

Got some pictures for you tonight.

Here is everything in the door:
wing-window-in-door.jpg

There is a 10mm bolt at the bottom front of the door to remove. This holds the Front Window Frame rail/guide in place. Once that bolt is removed, the rail pulls up and out of the door window opening at the top of the door:
bolt-at-base-of-front-door-window-frame.jpg

These are two 8mm bolts that hold the wing window in place. That's it:
bolts-at-base-of-window.jpg

Here is a view of everything laid out, aligned how it goes in the door. Make note of the small rubber seal that goes between the window and the door frame at the front of the wing window:
wing-window-assembly.jpg

A view of the retaining frame at the base of the wing window:
wing-window-base.jpg

A bottom view of the wind window retaining frame:
wing-window-bunderneath.jpg

Good luck!

Back