Fiat hits 100,000 sales in the US this weekend?

ryan

True Classic
As of October 2013 Fiat has sold 94,913 500 and 5,044 500L, for a grand total of 99,957. Fiat probably hit the magic 100,000 number over the weekend.

Really not bad at all for a brand on the market for only 32 months.

Mini sold 172,715 cars over the same period, and they are are much more established and have quite a few more models to choose from.

Nice piece of data. I wonder what Mini's total sales were in their first 32 months?

Nice piece of data. I wonder what Mini's total sales were in their first 32 months?

Less, but to be fair Mini trickled in their cars leaving long waiting lists where Fiat brought a healthy quantity to sell right off the bat.

That being said, the sales numbers are still pretty good but they better get some more models intoduced pronto, since the 500L seems to have added sales only to the tune of what the decline in the 2door 500's were already selling.

To get an idea of Mini sales check out their October 2013 chart. You'll realize that the 500 has been outselling the Cooper hardtop by a good margin. It is the Countryman that has really been their star. I guess we'll have to see how well the 500L does. I still wish they had used the 600 or Multipla name and also made it a bit prettier and sportier. Bringing over the Panda (and 4x4 version) would have made sense to...

Screen-Shot-2013-11-02-at-10.42.43-AM.png

I think they made a mistake not bringing the diesel panda over right off the bat. Gas was high at the time and they couldn't have made enoughof them, imo

I think they made a mistake not bringing the diesel panda over right off the bat. Gas was high at the time and they couldn't have made enoughof them, imo

They will badge engineer that as a Jeep before they offer that as Fiat I would think.

In a pretty much unrelated side note, the dealer by me who took on fiat is building a new wing for Maserati.

I read something couple weeks ago about that, but it wasn't going to be the panda badged as a jeep but another model

I believe what you are talking about is the replacement to the Fiat Sedici, the car that was a twin of the Suzuki SX4. Both the Sedici and SX4 had their exterior designed by Italdesign-Giugiaro.

The new Fiat Sedici will have a "baby Jeep" twin. There were rumors at one point of a Fiat Panda 4x4-based Jeep, but I'm not sure a car this small would make sense with Jeep's reputation.

I still feel selling the Fiat Panda 4x4 here in the US would be a good idea.

I happened upon an article that mentions Mini's initial sales. It looks like Mini sold 24,590 cars in 2002 (their US debut), 36,010 cars in 2003 and 36,032 cars in 2004. So Fiat is really doing quite well, considering the prejudice the re-introduction was up against. Fiat will end 2013 with around 43,000 sales.

Back