Fiat Mille 2009, CA: May 22-24 2009

Chris Obert

autocrosser, X driver
I am organizing a three day approximately 1,000 mile tour on May 22, 23, & 24th (yes, that's Memorial Day Weekend) for the Bay Area Fiat club, Fiat America. The previous two times I have run this event we sold out early to club members, but this year's huge interest has been met with low response when it actually comes to paying up. I need to make minimum participation to keep this year's costs low.

This is the first time I have officially opened the event up.

We leave from the south Golden Gate parking lot on Friday May 22 at 8 am and drive up the coast having lunch north of Gualala, and end Friday in Redway CA with a great meal. Saturday May 23 we start the morning by driving the Avenue of the Giants, then out to the Lost Coast & Mattole Point before enjoying lunch at the Samoa Cookhouse. In the afternoon we dash up the Klamath River Valley and end in Etna CA with another great meal. Sunday May 24 we start the morning by heading south over the Trinity Alps and work our way down the western side of the Central Valley having lunch at Black Butte Lake and then another great dinner in Napa CA.

A basic $250.00 per person entrance fee includes a Fiat America 40th anniversary cup, a Fiat Mille hoodie sweat shirt, two nights in a hotel, Sunday breakfast (Saturday is a pot luck), three lunches, three dinners, snacks, most nonalcoholic drinks, and some alcoholic drinks. Hotels are far from first class but are acceptable (I have stayed in many worse) and food is great, and many meals are all you can eat. I am hosting a tech session before the event at my shop in Santa Cruz on May 2. Italian vehicles are preferred on the tour, but not required.

The Fiat club likes driving events, and this is one. We cover a lot of great back roads in a short amount of time. And we have a great time doing it!

If you cannot make the entire event but want to join us for just part of a day or two, or even just join us for a meal when we are near where you live, that is great! I can provide reduced prices for reduced participation. I can even charge your participation fee to your credit card for a 4% fee. Membership in Fiat America is $28.00 for the year, but is not required.

Here is the catch; Because this event is on Memorial Day Weekend all unneeded rooms will be canceled on Monday April 27, 2009. If you want to participate you need to tell me as soon as possible so I can send you an application so you can pay ASAP.

Chris Obert
fiatplus at aol dot com

SOunds great, unfortunately my Memorial Day is booked...

Thanks for thinking of us... maybe next year if we were to have some more advanced warning/invitations.

Fiat Mille in an X

Hi Tony,
I'm taking my 84 X on the Fiat Mille and plan to have 3 days and 1000 miles of fun driving Northern California roads. I did this event 5 years ago, (last time Chris put this event on) and had a blast. I'll try to remember to take some photos and post them.

With this event and the tour Ken Haven puts on from the SF Bay Area down to the Best of France and Italy show later in the year, I get a chance to drive and see both Northern and Southern California.

Look forward to seeing you and the X gang at the BFI show in Nov.
Dan Yee

Back