Fiat, please build this.

Mechanogeek

True Classic
Dear Fiat,

You can use your existing 500 Abarth driveline, most of the suspension, brakes, electronics, switchgear, etc. And, if you price it in the high 20's, there is a real possibility you could rev up some sales again. (What, too late? Dang!)

NuovoX19.PNG

They won't build this because it would compete with the new spider.
Also it would cost more than the spider because Fiat wouldn't have Mazda providing an existing platform.
But it is a nice thought.

The tail seems a little short for my tastes, but otherwise it is a nice design. Sadly, that's probably all it will ever be.

I'm not a fan of the sad clown rear face.
If I had a choice between that car and the one below....
Yes, I understand it's not a nouva X, but I still like it better.
1593646591148.png

The popularity of new two-seat performance cars is at the lowest point in generations. Car buyers want BIG and HIGH off the ground with 14 motorized cupholders. These two-seat concepts are fun to look at but Miata/Spyder is the only one still produced under $50k and it's not exactly setting the world on fire. I still haven't seen a Spyder in the wild.

Instead, why not invest in a nice classic. Maybe an Alfa, or Triumph. 914's and 240Z's are going for $30k pretty regular now. They aren't making them any more and there are just enough of us two-seat performance nuts being conceived each year to keep them appreciating.

Back