Fiat X1/9 24 hours lemons race car

bikesandcars

True Classic
Fiat X1/9 24 hours of lemons race car. Raced 2009-2013, stored in garage since, occasionally run around some level fields for exercise. Starts, runs, drives, stops, on "spare" engine right now. Many many parts.

Asking $500 for car (includes race seat, steering wheel, wheels, car) as shown in pics.

Parts pics coming as I organize them. Many spare parts: Spare engine(s), xmission, heads, suspension etc. That can be separate or as a side deal with the car.

Fun car, I'm not using it in the near future and I have no more room to store it.

listing here first.

Attachments

• IMG_20190603_090813829 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20190603_090813829 (Large).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Amazing deal. Even if you don't do LeMons, you can still have so much fun with this at your local Autocross events!

Hey, been a long time since we've heard from you. I recall that you have been contemplating selling this for some time. Do you still have another X1/9 for the street? Also have not seen you on the VW forum in a long time. Did you get out of Mk1 stuff? Good to hear from you, and good luck with the sale...great deal.

Allentown, hell I could drive that one home!
How about some details on the motor and suspension.

Yea, apparently you are not the only one who thought of me. Roll cage won't work for the street, you will bang your unhelmeted head on the front to rear bars and with the windshield gone it won't be very practical. But it could still be worthwhile depending on the engine and suspension....that's why I asked.

I might be interested. I live a few minutes from NJMP and originally bought by X for lemons. My X ended up being in better shape than I expected and I fell in love, so couldn't bring myself to make it a lemons car.

I have too many projects right now though,and I have to sort some things out before I can commit to a new one.

Probably a dumb question, is it straight race car, or do you have a title? I've done one Lemons race and this looks like a great deal. Thanks.

It looks like it has VW wheels on it. Does it have wheel adapters? More info on engine/trans?
It has VW 4x100 14" wheels with wheel adapters. It has a stock engine / transmission (5 speed). The engine runs OK and is a great race rebuild candidate. Many spares included with the sale.

Judging by the pictures, the extra parts alone are worth the asking price. And there are lots more good race type components on the car. So even as a 'spare' it's a steal.

Back