Fiat X1/9 headlight screws for sale - Part 2

rx1900

1981 X1/9
Hi folks. Due to overwhelming popular demand, I am now making a second offering of my "Fiat X1/9 headlight screw kits". My first offering sold out within 24 hours, but I was able to obtain some more for those of you who missed out the first time.

For more details, you can read about the initial offering in this post:
http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/29080/

It got rather lengthy and crowded, so I thought I would start a new post.

Basically, this is a kit of all the screws that you need to disturb to be able to change a headlight on an X1/9. If you have ever had to do this (to change burnt out headlight or to change to H4s), you will probably discover the original screws are all rusted, seized, and have the drive mostly rounded out. They are odd metric sizes and replacements are very difficult to obtain.

So here is a kit of 12 screws (enough to do a complete X1/9). They are A2 stainless steel, and are identical to the original screws with the same Phillips drive. But of much higher quality. The best I could find.

Kit for early ('73-'78) X1/9s:

IMG_1947.jpg

Kit for late ('79-'89) X1/9s:

IMG_1946.jpg

Kits are supplied in labeled ziplocks:

Price - INCLUDING POSTAGE

To Canada : $ 9 Canadian
To USA : $ 8 US
To International: $ 11 Canadian

Because most of my cost is in the postage, if you require more than 1 kit, simply add $5 Canadian (for Canadian or international orders) or $4 US (for USA orders) for each additional set.

Kindly Paypal

Please specify early or late type kit(s)

And as they say on TV - BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE !!!

On the 1st, 9th, and 19th Paypals I receive, I will include a free bonus really cool Fiat/Abarth 131 rally sticker.

Thanks for looking. Doug

Last edited:
Payment sent Doug. I sent my info (1982 X) and mailing address in a pm. Did you receive it? Thanks again. By the way, I grew up in Mississauga. Miss it sometimes.

PM sent and sent you $12.00 for two sets please for 1986 X and a cool sticker for my new toolbox Santa brought me.
V/r, Mike

Last edited:
Update

Hi folks. Thanks for all the interest and Paypals.

But many of you are not indicating whether you want the early or late kits. Please specify with your order.

Yes, it seems that although the headlight retaining ring screws are the same for all years, it appears that at some point Bertone did make a change in the screws for the black surround trim. The early cars used a machine type screw (the type of thread that you could thread a nut onto), and the later cars used a self tapping type screw (it kinda looks like a wood screw). Thus this time I am offering two different kits.

From what I can determine, it seems the change occured at - or near - the start of the '79 model year. But...I have been unable to determine the exact change-over point. Logic would dictate the change occured with all the rest of the changes from 1300 to 1500, but.....I wouldn't guarantee that there wasn't some overlap while they used up existing stock or ....

So...if you have a late '78 or early '79 model, please check to see what type of screw is indeed on your particular X, and order accordingly.

I still have plenty of kits available. And haven't yet gotten the 9th or 19th Paypals....

Thanks, Doug

Update

Okay. Thanks all for the great response. I have mailed out all Canadian and international orders.

I have packed and addressed all the USA bound orders. And will be sending them tomorrow in bulk to BiCoastal, who will re-mail them out from down there. So folks should have them shortly.

I have PM'd all those who I received a Paypal from (well except KS from Vermont who did not give me his Xweb name). If you have NOT heard from me, then your Paypal did not make it through to me. Please just PM me.

If....you would like a set or two of these screws, PLEASE order in the next day or so, so that that your order can be sent in my bulk shipment tomorrow. I still have plenty in stock. And by the way, have still not got the 19th Paypal.....

Thanks, Doug

My two sets were delivered today way out here in Ory-gun....
Many thanks to all involved to make this happen.

Now if the gods are with me my current head light screws will come out easily... where's that penetrating oil!

Mine too!

In Seattle. Thanks to the guys involved. I'd mention the name of the member in Vermont or New Hampshire that forwarded it on, but I'm back in Santa Clara for work as usual mid-week w/out access to the envelope.

Waiting for me

Mine were in my mailbox when I got home from a business trip today.
Sticker is larger than I expected!
Thanks guys!

Jeff

Hey, I did not get a sticker. Oh well. That's life I guess.
Thanks for getting these for us.
Mike

Back