Fiat X1/9 premium ignition wire sets...and more

rx1900

1981 X1/9
EDIT - see this threadfor the newest info on these wire sets:

I have just received another batch of my X1/9 premium performance plug wire sets.
X19 wire set on floor.jpg
X19 wire set on engine 2.jpg

First, a little background. Over the years, I had been unable to find a decent set of ignition wires for my X1/9. Most were cheap poor quality, with terrible fit. Wires way too long with excess wires looping everywhere. I contacted a major manufacturer of wire sets up here who agreed to make a batch to my exacting specs. We worked closely together to develop the ultimate spec.

Firstly, for the wire itself, we chose the best available - an 8mm mag-core type wire with 7 component layers and a silicone outer jacket. At the cap ends, brass terminals with EDPM boots the proper thickness. At the coil end, a brass terminal with a really thick funky silicone boot. At the plug ends, a stainless steel snap-lock terminal and nice silicone boots. Everything assembled by the manufacturer on proper machinery.

The lengths of the wires ( the major problem with most X1/9 "fitted" wire sets ) were chosen very carefully by myself. Each wire is the perfect length.

These wires fit X1/9s with a stock-type ignition system. With the distributor cap with side pointing terminals, and coil in the stock location on the right side panel. Thus all models from '79 to '89. I have seen some '78 models with the coil mounted on the upper right firewall. So should fit those too.

Will not fit earlier '74 to '77 X1/9s with the coil mounted on the firewall near the middle of the car ( the supplied coil wire would be too short ). Will not fit any X with the distributor mounted on the end of the camshaft, or fitted with a distributor cap that has the terminals pointing straight up. Will not fit Stradas or 128s.

But will fit perfectly an X1/9 from '79-'89.

Sets are available in your choice of 5 colours
wire sets 5 colous.jpg
The colours in the above pic did not photograph well. These are a little more representative
Blue ignition wire.jpg Yellow ignition wire.jpg rosso arancio wires.jpg

These wire sets are custom made for me, and are not available anywhere else. Although I may put them on Ebay to try to reach X1/9 owners who dont hang out here.

Special Xweb pricing.

For USA customers, only $31.00 per set in US $

For Canadian and International customers, only $39.00 Canadian per set. I think that is about 26 euros. I think the Australian $ is almost at par with the Canadian $. Canadian orders add GST or HST depending on province.

Kindly specify your choice of colour. Black, blue, yellow, the original normal darker red, and the new rosso arancio (bright red with hint of orange). Some colours are in short supply, so suggest you order quickly if you desire a specific colour before they run out.

Plus shipping. See below.

If you would like to read some more about them, and see some comments and reviews, here is a link to my thread from my previous offering:
https://xwebforums.com/forum/index....special-purchase-of-ignition-wire-sets.29792/
It got pretty lengthy, so I thought I would start a new thread here.

But.....as they say on TV....wait there is more !!!

Recently, I needed some camber bolts for my X1/9. As you may know, there is no provision on a stock X1/9 for changing the camber. If you are getting a wheel alignment on your X, and need to - or want to - alter the camber, there a a few options to do this. But probably the best option is to use some proper "camber bolts". For some reason - as many of you have found out - about 90% of the camber bolts listed for an X1/9 on Ebay, Rock Auto, etc, are INCORRECT for an X1/9. They simply do not fit. I finally figured out the correct ones and went to order some from my supplier. They offered me a special deal if I took all their remaining stock. As they were not a good seller for them.

They are SPC brand. The best out there. Grade 12.9 with a special anti-corrosion coating. Fit perfectly on all X1/9s, front and rear. Simply replaces your existing upper bolt where the strut joins the upright. Thus you would need one bolt per wheel. Simply rotate the bolt before tightening to adjust the camber up to about a degree.

I was able to get 13 extra pairs of them. A pair would do both front - or both rear - wheels. So two pairs would be needed per X if you needed to do all 4 wheels.

Only $16 US, or $20 Canadian per PAIR. Way less than the usual price. EDIT August 29 camber bolts now all sold !!!

Due to strange Canadian postal rates, if you ordered a set of ignition wires, I could add up to 2 pairs of camber bolts for no additional postage cost.

Because I dont have many camber bolts, i will restrict sales of the camber bolts to ONLY those ordering the ignition wires. You can order up to 2 pairs of camber bolts per set of wires ordered. So if you want 2 sets of wires, you can order up to 4 pairs of camber bolts, etc.
Because that may not be fair to those kind folks who already bought some ignition wires off me previously, I will extend an offer to those folks, to purchase the camber bolts only. But add only postage to the USA of:
1 or 2 pairs - $5 US
3 pairs - $7 US
4 or 5 pairs - $9 US
Inquire for Canadian or International.

I expect the camber bolts will sell out quickly at that price. First come - first served. Post your intention here and I will respect in order of your posts. EDIT camber bolts now all sold !!

But wait - there is more !!

I also still have some of my famous X1/9 headlight screw kits. I offered these a couple of years ago. So for those folks new to the forum, these are sets of the screws that you need to disturb when changing the headlight on an X1/9. A set does an X1/9 for both headlights. 6 of the screws that hold on the black surround trim piece, and 6 of the screws for the chrome retaining ring. When you go to change a headlight, these screws are usually missing or mangled. and are hard to find odd-ball metric sizes. My screws are A2 stainless steel with the proper phillips drive.
early headlight screws.jpg late headlight screws.jpg
Kindly specify early( '73-'78) or late ('79-'89). If you want more info go here:
https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/fiat-x1-9-headlight-screws-for-sale-part-2.29425/

Headlight screws only $4 US or $5 Canadian per set. Plus postage.

I also have some of my engine mount conversion arms remaining. See this thread for more details:
https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/fiat-x1-9-lower-engine-mount-conversion-arm.28369/
At this time I have lots of the conversion arm kits available, but sadly only a couple of mounts left. Will sell a mount only with purchase of the arm kit. But will of course sell the arm kit on it's own. EDIT August 29 engine mounts now all sold but plenty of conversion arm kits still available !!

Postage is kinda complicated, but some items (like 1 set of wires and 2 pairs of camber bolts) combine nicely within weight limits.

Weight of items:
First start with weight of padded envelope for posting - 25 grams
Add:
Wire set - 246 grams
Camber bolt pair - 93 grams
Headlight screws - 12 grams
Conversion arm kit - 420 grams
Engine mount - 750 grams

Add up the weight and:
To USA via air mail - 0-250 grams $ 7 US
251-500 grams $ 9 US
501-1000 grams $ 14 US
inquire if over 1000 grams

To Canada via air mail - 0-750 grams $ 9 Canadian
751-1000 grams $ 10 Canadian
1000-1500 grams $ 12 Canadian

To International via surface mail - 0-250 grams $ 9 Canadian or $ 11 air mail
251-500 grams $ 12 Canadian or $ 21 air mail
501-1000 grams $ 20 Canadian or $ 40 air mail
1001-1500 grams $ 25 Canadian or $ 52 air mail
1501-2000 grams $ 29 Canadian or $ 62 air mail

Note: surface mail from Canada is quite slow. Kindly be patient and allow 4-8 weeks to Europe or 8-12 weeks to Australia. Or pony up for air mail...

Payments to USA destinations please pay in US $ funds !!! For all other destinations please pay in Canadian $$. Paypal to: xrproducts at yahoo.com. Use the @ symbol instead of "at" please, of course.

Any questions, fire away.

Thanks for looking. Thanks for your support. I have a couple of exciting new projects in the works. Stay tuned.

Cheers, Doug

Last edited:
Hi Doug, put me down for one pair of camber bolts. I am a previous buyer of your items (wire sets, headlight screws, sunvisor spacers, etc.)

And a big THANK YOU for sweating the details...the sign of a true engineer :)

Going to PayPal now.

BTW, Doug's wire sets are Da Bomb, if you don't got 'em, then git 'em.

i would also like 2 sets of bolts if still available. i'm also i very happy previous customer of the wireset

I can highly recommend these wires for those questioning buying them.

Well made, boot sizes are correct for the distributor cap and the lengths work well without extra wire snaking all over the engine compartment.

If you would kindly put me down for a set of the brighter red (like my last ones) and a set of black.

Two sets of headlight screws (misplaced my first set which will promptly appear when the new ones arrive)
Two sets of two camber bolts please (four bolts total)
I would also like to acquire an additional engine mount and conversion arm for my new X.

I believe that puts me over 1000 grams so I need to inquire about the total cost please.

Many thanks

Karl

Hi Doug,

I would like to buy three engine mount conversion arms and ideally three engine mounts but if you only have two left I will have to make due with that. Please let me know how many engine mounts you have left and how much I owe you for everything including shipping.

Thanks,

George

Hi Doug, payment sent for the three conversion arm kits and the one remaining motor mount.

Many thanks,

George

Hi Doug, I would like three of the conversion arms (arm only) and shipping to a US address....and if possible 2 pairs of camber bolts? Please PM with detail for payment.

SteveC

Thanks folks for all the kind replies. And of course the orders...

At this time it appears all the camber bolts have been spoken for. I am still waiting for a couple of folks to actually pay, but if they come through then they are all gone.

It also appears all the engine mounts are now spoken for too (dont worry Karl I set one aside for you with your camber bolts too). But I still have plenty of the conversion arms kits in stock.

And still have lots of the ignition wire sets in all colours.

I have sent out product to all those who have paid me, and sent them PMs to that effect. If you have not heard from me with shipping confirmation, then something has gone astray and please PM me.

And just one more thing - I thought I made it VERY clear that USA customers were to Paypal me in US funds. But...almost everyone has been sending me Canadian $. I made special pricing for US customers (the bulk of those ordering) and my Paypal account accepts both US or Canadian funds, and keeps them in separate stashes. If Paypal converts say US funds to Canadian, they charge a fortune for the conversion. Actually my dear wife loves the US funds in the account, and uses that for frivolous purchases on amazon US or Ebay US. Otherwise, Paypal screws us again if we have to convert Canadian to US to pay for said purchases. I have had plenty of US customers pay me in US $ into Paypal. It is apparently easy, but seems to have escaped most of you. I would be grateful if someone here could explain to US folks how this is easily done !!

Thanks again for your support !!!! Doug

Thanks folks for all the kind replies. And of course the orders...

At this time it appears all the camber bolts have been spoken for. I am still waiting for a couple of folks to actually pay, but if they come through then they are all gone.

It also appears all the engine mounts are now spoken for too (dont worry Karl I set one aside for you with your camber bolts too). But I still have plenty of the conversion arms kits in stock.

And still have lots of the ignition wire sets in all colours.

I have sent out product to all those who have paid me, and sent them PMs to that effect. If you have not heard from me with shipping confirmation, then something has gone astray and please PM me.

And just one more thing - I thought I made it VERY clear that USA customers were to Paypal me in US funds. But...almost everyone has been sending me Canadian $. I made special pricing for US customers (the bulk of those ordering) and my Paypal account accepts both US or Canadian funds, and keeps them in separate stashes. If Paypal converts say US funds to Canadian, they charge a fortune for the conversion. Actually my dear wife loves the US funds in the account, and uses that for frivolous purchases on amazon US or Ebay US. Otherwise, Paypal screws us again if we have to convert Canadian to US to pay for said purchases. I have had plenty of US customers pay me in US $ into Paypal. It is apparently easy, but seems to have escaped most of you. I would be grateful if someone here could explain to US folks how this is easily done !!

Thanks again for your support !!!! Doug

Oops, I'm guilty!! PayPal defaults to CAD, but I see now that all I would have to do is click the drop down and change it back to USD.

What about refunding and then repaying the preferred way? Or would that get eaten up with refund charges, conversion charges, or whatever?

That's okay Dan. You are certainly not alone. In fact, every payment I have received from USA members has ended up at my end in Canadian $. Even two more since you posted.....

It is certainly not worth reversing or refunding or redoing. I am sure that would end up costing more.

My whole intention of accepting payment in US funds was to save you folks some money. If I had requested only Canadian $, it would have cost you folks more in Paypal conversion costs. As it sits, I have been the one ending up bearing the costs of Paypal currency exchange fees. And if then I (or more likely my wife) needs to purchase something in the US , Paypal will hit us again with another exchange fee.

Now I know you folks THINK you have been paying me in US$ funds, and indeed your payment shows on your end as being paid in US$. But you are all doing something wrong. I think...the problem is....somehow Paypal recognizes that I am in Canada, and the default setting is for them to pay ME in Canadian. I think it is super easy for you folks to change that - like a drop-down box that you click into and change to US $. The end cost to any of you folks would be the same. The only change would be what I would end up getting.

If one of you folks in the US could tell everyone here the proper procedure - I think Dan already figured it out easily and it is super easy - and could explain it clearly, I would be grateful.

My whole objective here is to save you USA folks ( the bulk of the buyers ) some money by me accepting US funds.

Sorry for the rant. I am truly grateful for all your support. Doug

I purchased a set of head light screws. If I had known I would have payed differently.

Thank you for helping support our X projects!

We need more people who are dedicated to the art!

Camber bolts now all sold. Thank you.

Engine mounts now all sold, but plenty of conversion arm kits still available.

Plenty of ignition wire sets left, but I am running low of the rosso arancio ones (only three sets of those remaining). The price of the wire sets goes up on Friday.

I have sent out product to all those who have Paypal'd me. And have PM'd all those folks. So if you think you have sent payment and not heard from me, then something has gone amiss. Kindly PM me or post here.

Thank you all for your support. Doug

Mine arrived safe and sound over the weekend. I haven't installed the new wires into the 87 yet but will this week. I buggered up one of my old headlight screws when I installed my new headlights so those will be greatly appreciated when I get to replacing it.

Everything looks great, thank you.

Karl

Hi Doug,

My three ignition wire sets arrived today and they really are very nice! If anybody here is wondering if they should pull the trigger or not on buying a set of these ignition wires they should definitely pull the trigger as these wire sets are very, very nice and good luck finding anything as good anywhere else and if you do you will definitely be paying much more than you will here. Many thanks to Doug for making all of these nice products available to us.

George

Are any of the wire sets and headlight screws for my 1979 X1/9 still available? I'd be interested in the original darker red, but beggars can't be choosy so I could go for just about any color.

Thanks,

Larry

Back