fiat x19 Saratoga top on FB MP Not Mine

bjwhite, I'd love to know what you learn as I have a pristine Saratoga top packed away in bubble wrap waiting for the day to sit upon my '74, that is if I ever get back to finishing it...

IF I had a nice Saratoga top for sale, I think I would ask a 1000$ for it. Just a guess on the value of this rare item.

But honestly, IF I had a nice Saratoga top, it would be a keeper :D

IF I had a nice Saratoga top for sale, I think I would ask a 1000$ for it. Just a guess on the value of this rare item.

But honestly, IF I had a nice Saratoga top, it would be a keeper :D
But would you buy one for $1000? And if you did, would you actually use it? Or would you wrap it in flannel and store it in a cool, dark place and revel in the fact that you own a Saratoga Top? If a nice one were available locally, I could see spending $225 for one.

Last edited:
But would you buy one for $1000? And if you did, would you actually use it? Or would you wrap it in flannel and store it in a cool, dark place and revel in the fact that you own a Saratoga Top? If a nice one was available locally, I could see spending $225 for one.
I have a "decent" ST that came with my 78. I keep it in a box in the basement and figure it will go with the 78 when I sell it to convince someone they need a 78. :)

But would you buy one for $1000? And if you did, would you actually use it? Or would you wrap it in flannel and store it in a cool, dark place and revel in the fact that you own a Saratoga Top? If a nice one was available locally, I could see spending $225 for one.
At 225$ I would be all over the place to be the first one to get it. With the skyrocketing prices of x19s in the last year(s?) the rare related parts will be also sought after. I guess a nice snorkel could easily fetch 500$.

And, yes, it will be wrapped in flannel because most of the time I'm driving without a top anyway, but I would use if for some drives or car shows.

But I have to admit, that even from this forum standard, I'm a little extreme, driving my daily driver x19 with R-Compound tires even in thunderstorm, and making long trip with solid engine mounts and stiff coil-overs. At 61, I'm probably in the lower half age group of the forum also!

Interesting post to see how much people pay for this jewel today, last time in 2008 I made my offer and somebody won this auction (I was short for a couple hundreds), since then I decided to make my own...

Attachments

• saratoga-ebay-003.jpg
    saratoga-ebay-003.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 53
He has removed the item from FB marketplace, indicating it was sold.
Anyone here buy it?

Ron,

It is a smoked Lexan (or some other high strength type of plastic) targa top.
78_pre_ffo_2005g.JPG78_pre_ffo_2005c.jpgtop.jpg

Back