FIATs Coming To Wheeler Dealers

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
Here's a snip from Facebook today.

wheeler-dealer.JPG

However that reply from Wheeler Dealer is a little vague. "The cars you're looking for" could mean just about anything I think.

I saw a picture of the rear end of an Alfa Romeo 164 in the adds for the new season while watching the Velocity channel a couple of days ago. The car was white just like mine! I didn't happen to catch any pictures of Fiats but maybe I missed it or they didn't show everything. It sure would be nice to see an X1/9 on Wheeler Dealers! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I saw a picture of the rear end of an Alfa Romeo 164 in the adds for the new season while watching the Velocity channel a couple of days ago. The car was white just like mine! I didn't happen to catch any pictures of Fiats but maybe I missed it or they didn't show everything. It sure would be nice to see an X1/9 on Wheeler Dealers! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Up until very recently, WD has been very secretive about what cars they have "in the pipeline." For example, on their FB account, they posted promotional clips about being in San Francisco recording the Alfa episode, and they showed the owner of the car, but they would only show a few square inches of the car itself. Before that, they would show a corner of a bumper or some other part of the car that only a savant could be able to deduce what car it was from.

But with the current "season" of episodes they are making, which premieres tonite in the USA, that has all changed. The promotional clips used on social media and that have morphed into their Velocity channel commercials, they are plainly spelling out the first cars---a Mercury Capri, an Alfa 164, a 2nd gen Toyota MR2, and a Volvo 850 wagon. Additionally, Mike has published two FB posts in which he is selling two other cars that have gone thru the WD process, a C5 Corvette and a VW Rabbit/Golf GTI.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for sharing this information. I don't do Facebook. This forum is about as far as I go with "social media" so goes to show you what I am missing out on (or not). If it weren't for my quick eye during the add for the new season of Wheeler Dealers on the Velocity channel I would have had no idea that an Alfa 164 was going to be one of the cars used on one of the new season's episodes. I sure hope that Mike does a Fiat like you suggested to him. A Fiat X1/9 and a Fiat 124 or 2000 Spider should each be on the show some day in the near future. Both of these cars are truly among the greatest examples of fantastic affordable classic sports cars that I can imagine. Of course, I am not biased!

Maybe I should open a Facebook account to see what kind of information there is out there that I am missing out on?

When I was selling my 850 Coupe back in Southern California, a producer at Wheeler Dealers responded to my ad. I'd already taken a deposit by then.

I enjoyed the Capri episode, having been a child/teen in the UK in the 70’s when that car was new, and enjoying the various cop shows they used to use them in. It would be nice to see them do a Fiat. Maybe they should take the 850 my friend wants gone... although that would be an underwhelming episode :D

Back