fibreglass parts wanted

fibre bits

Cascu would have been your best bet but he has moved to France, not sure but i think family are still where he was, and his yard was full email him you might get lucky, if you do get lucky and he has the bits but will not post i can pick them up for you and get the sent at cost

I'm in Canada, a couple of hours away from showcars-bodyparts. Have you ever dealt with them?

It's fun to look through the pics of custom fiberglass panels. In the past I've done several fiberglass body kits, spoilers, flares, accessories, etc, on various cars. Back in the day that was about the only option. Currently I'm working with a fiberglass front air dam for one of my X project builds. Honestly I do not care for fiberglass parts at all. For many cars there are urethane options, but unfortunately not for the X. For any car (including the X) you can custom build anything from metal. I went against my better judgement with this fiberglass front air dam, and I highly regret it. Unless you are building a race only-car I'd suggest considering a different direction other than fiberglass. But I understand building custom panels from steel isn't in everyone's scope. However given the cost of shipping fiberglass panels from other countries these days it may work out about the same.

It's fun to look through the pics of custom fiberglass panels. In the past I've done several fiberglass body kits, spoilers, flares, accessories, etc, on various cars. Back in the day that was about the only option. Currently I'm working with a fiberglass front air dam for one of my X project builds. Honestly I do not care for fiberglass parts at all. For many cars there are urethane options, but unfortunately not for the X. For any car (including the X) you can custom build anything from metal. I went against my better judgement with this fiberglass front air dam, and I highly regret it. Unless you are building a race only-car I'd suggest considering a different direction other than fiberglass. But I understand building custom panels from steel isn't in everyone's scope. However given the cost of shipping fiberglass panels from other countries these days it may work out about the same.
My aim is to reduce weight as a means of improving performance in Vintage racing events without altering the car's appearance and on the road use. It seems to me that fiberglass ticks all the boxes while remaining the most affordable and allowing easy retrofit of original steel panels.

My aim is to reduce weight as a means of improving performance in Vintage racing events without altering the car's appearance and on the road use. It seems to me that fiberglass ticks all the boxes while remaining the most affordable and allowing easy retrofit of original steel panels.
Absolutely, for your purposes I agree. Sorry if I misunderstood, I was thinking more in terms of a custom car build. Like the Dallara body kits, etc, done just for aesthetics. ;)

As I said a race car is one application where fiberglass makes sense; light weight, easy and cheap to replace. Are there "stock" appearing fiberglass panels available for the X? Seems the stuff I've noticed is modified for other race classes with widened fenders, large front air dam, etc. Although there are several fiberglass parts of the body that are stock appearing, like doors and front/rear hoods. So I guess mainly it would be the fenders that need to be stock looking in fiberglass.

Absolutely, for your purposes I agree. Sorry if I misunderstood, I was thinking more in terms of a custom car build. Like the Dallara body kits, etc, done just for aesthetics. ;)

As I said a race car is one application where fiberglass makes sense; light weight, easy and cheap to replace. Are there "stock" appearing fiberglass panels available for the X? Seems the stuff I've noticed is modified for other race classes with widened fenders, large front air dam, etc. Although there are several fiberglass parts of the body that are stock appearing, like doors and front/rear hoods. So I guess mainly it would be the fenders that need to be stock looking in fiberglass.
The only two parts I am planning on replacing with fiberglass are the front hood (quite heavy in steel) and the rear trunk cover. Both are quite simple to replace and to retrofit when needed. And both are available at MWB but costly to ship to Canada. That is why I was asking to see if anyone had dealt with with Canadian supplier Showcars-Bodyparts, near Belleville, Ontario.

I should pay closer attention. :oops:

Especially large items like that would be quite costly to ship. Particularly with the increased rates this past year. And I understand you guys have to pay a lot to get things into Canada.

I'm not great at fiberglass work, but is it something you could make using your original panels as molds?

I should pay closer attention. :oops:

Especially large items like that would be quite costly to ship. Particularly with the increased rates this past year. And I understand you guys have to pay a lot to get things into Canada.

I'm not great at fiberglass work, but is it something you could make using your original panels as molds?
Good question. Would be willing to try if I can find illustrated instructions somewhere.

Back