File storage (pdf service manual to share)

Discussion in 'XWeb site Help and Suggestions Forum' started by myronx19, Oct 18, 2018.

1. myronx19

myronx19 True Classic

Hi everyone,

Mike Hynes loaded me his Fiat Uno Turbo (Mk1) service manual and I've scanned it. Is there a place on Xweb that it can be hosted for everyone? (it's in pdf). I have a few different resolutions, one is fairly low but good for storage purposes (approx 100MB).

I did upload it to Facebook in the FUTOC group, and funny enough the direct link seems to be accessible outside of facebook! This is the low res scan. (EDIT: strange, I tried it in a Private Browser and it worked, but you need to be signed into facebook I guess AND be a member of the group.)

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Mk1 Uno Turbo ie Service Manual - Complete Compressed.pdf?token=AWxhu20WaNb_u_36JlsCOc5NSOF2EnL34tlzVfF5hZJLMeGG3q_kj970Y521DTqzB8xoHlDMA7ANyvW_9EHKb21ZYj89aUmDMkPJZjEQJ5MgkbgCJTGUKZaONL2HqYztMiZOhDuZcyUsIq_WzosYkYJk1TjaOSqf-HKeqEv87klASg

2. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

I just tried the link and found the same as you said - must be logged in as a group member. Hopefully there is a way to link it to Xweb.
    I have removed my FB account and closed it out. I've never been into social media and only joined to get access to a similar group. But that group hasn't been very productive, I find the FB pages very difficult to navigate, and I can't stand all of the spam and non-relevant crap that comes with a FB account.
    I assume "FUTOC" is a UT only page (is that for "Fiat UnoTurbo Owners Club")? It would be nice to get some decent UT info but I just can't tolerate FB anymore. Are there any non-FB pages for UT's?
    By the way. I think I still need to respond to you about some UT parts. I will...eventually. ;)

3. Andy

Andy True Classic

Mirafiori has a great library. I am sure it would be welcome there.

Wouldn't be nice to have a shared resource between the two sites!

4. MarkF

MarkF Administrator Moderator

We do have the wiki https://xwebforums.com/wiki Admittedly it is entirely X1/9 focused but it is a great resource and there are shop manuals, both by section and full-download. My only concern would be bandwidth consumption if it gets too broadly accessed, but that doesn't seem too likely. For reference, the 79-82 X1/9 manual is 363 pages which amounts to ~40 MB.

I can re-work the wiki to host non-X resources as well if there's enough interest.

Andy - what's the URL to the Mirafiori library? I can link to that too....

5. Andy

Andy True Classic

6. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

I just looked at the Mirafiori link. Lots of stuff there...maybe too much. Although I have an account on that forum, I'm never on it. Frankly I spend too much time on this forum as it is. I really don't have the opportunity to keep up with another forum. So I would not be likely to look for related materials there. With several X1/9's having UnoTurbo swaps, or portions thereof, it might be worth adding the UT manual to this forum somewhere. I doubt it would get a lot of access compared to the X1/9 manuals, so I don't think that should impact the bandwidth (if I understood that part correctly). I would guess somewhere on the Wiki seems the best place for it. Thanks for considering it.

7. myronx19

myronx19 True Classic

Indeed! Actually, the Uno Turbo manual is mostly for the X1/9 transplant folks. This is the actual factory manual, quite handy! Mike had a really good copy that I scanned. Not that many people need it, but the ones that do - need it! :)

kmead likes this.
  8. MarkF

MarkF Administrator Moderator

I've added this pdf file into the Workshop Manuals section of the wiki.

myronx19 and Dr.Jeff like this.
  9. myronx19

myronx19 True Classic

Thank you, Mark! Much appreciated. I hope this will serve the Uno Turbo converts well - it's much better than the Haynes manual IMHO for the sole reason that all the information is Mk1 Uno Turbo specific.

Dr.Jeff likes this.