File storage (pdf service manual to share)

myronx19

True Classic
Hi everyone,

Mike Hynes loaded me his Fiat Uno Turbo (Mk1) service manual and I've scanned it. Is there a place on Xweb that it can be hosted for everyone? (it's in pdf). I have a few different resolutions, one is fairly low but good for storage purposes (approx 100MB).

I did upload it to Facebook in the FUTOC group, and funny enough the direct link seems to be accessible outside of facebook! This is the low res scan. (EDIT: strange, I tried it in a Private Browser and it worked, but you need to be signed into facebook I guess AND be a member of the group.)

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Mk1 Uno Turbo ie Service Manual - Complete Compressed.pdf?token=AWxhu20WaNb_u_36JlsCOc5NSOF2EnL34tlzVfF5hZJLMeGG3q_kj970Y521DTqzB8xoHlDMA7ANyvW_9EHKb21ZYj89aUmDMkPJZjEQJ5MgkbgCJTGUKZaONL2HqYztMiZOhDuZcyUsIq_WzosYkYJk1TjaOSqf-HKeqEv87klASg

I just tried the link and found the same as you said - must be logged in as a group member. Hopefully there is a way to link it to Xweb.
I have removed my FB account and closed it out. I've never been into social media and only joined to get access to a similar group. But that group hasn't been very productive, I find the FB pages very difficult to navigate, and I can't stand all of the spam and non-relevant crap that comes with a FB account.
I assume "FUTOC" is a UT only page (is that for "Fiat UnoTurbo Owners Club")? It would be nice to get some decent UT info but I just can't tolerate FB anymore. Are there any non-FB pages for UT's?
By the way. I think I still need to respond to you about some UT parts. I will...eventually. ;)

Mirafiori has a great library. I am sure it would be welcome there.

Wouldn't be nice to have a shared resource between the two sites!

We do have the wiki https://xwebforums.com/wiki Admittedly it is entirely X1/9 focused but it is a great resource and there are shop manuals, both by section and full-download. My only concern would be bandwidth consumption if it gets too broadly accessed, but that doesn't seem too likely. For reference, the 79-82 X1/9 manual is 363 pages which amounts to ~40 MB.

I can re-work the wiki to host non-X resources as well if there's enough interest.

Andy - what's the URL to the Mirafiori library? I can link to that too....

I just looked at the Mirafiori link. Lots of stuff there...maybe too much. Although I have an account on that forum, I'm never on it. Frankly I spend too much time on this forum as it is. I really don't have the opportunity to keep up with another forum. So I would not be likely to look for related materials there. With several X1/9's having UnoTurbo swaps, or portions thereof, it might be worth adding the UT manual to this forum somewhere. I doubt it would get a lot of access compared to the X1/9 manuals, so I don't think that should impact the bandwidth (if I understood that part correctly). I would guess somewhere on the Wiki seems the best place for it. Thanks for considering it.

Admittedly it is entirely X1/9 focused

Indeed! Actually, the Uno Turbo manual is mostly for the X1/9 transplant folks. This is the actual factory manual, quite handy! Mike had a really good copy that I scanned. Not that many people need it, but the ones that do - need it! :)

Thank you, Mark! Much appreciated. I hope this will serve the Uno Turbo converts well - it's much better than the Haynes manual IMHO for the sole reason that all the information is Mk1 Uno Turbo specific.

Back