Fitting Redline Weber on X 1/9 intake

ZRatedDog

Low Mileage
I am trying to piece together a 1.5L carbed engine. I got the engine but it has just a long block, so I am piecing accessories little by little. I got intake and exhaust from FleaBay, and I am talking to a vendor who is selling Redline Weber carburetors. And here comes the rub: The Webers that he is selling are listed as compatible with whole bunch of cars and engines (124, 128, 131, and engines from 1.2 all the way to 1.8), but those carburetors are apparently NOT compatible with X 1/9 intake? Seller is saying that the bolt pattern on those Webers comes in either 92x45 mm or 80.7x40.6 mm. As far as I can measure, the bolt pattern on intake that I have is 88x47mm (center-to-center of the hole). Intake is a non-EGR, and fits on the head and with exhaust manifold correctly. No pic as I still dont have the carb yet. I was under the impression that base of the carbs are standardized?

discussed at length in other threads, including - but not limited to - these two

an adaptor is available, but adds height.

SteveC

It would help if you told us what model carbs you are interested in, such as the DFEV, DGAS, etc.

Call Pierce Manifolds
Thank you for the tip - I called and left a msg. It seems they *should* have what I need. Just eyeballing things, the adapter for Datsun *might* do the trick with some modification. I'll wait until I hear from them.

*Update: Spoke with Dave, he was very helpful, but Pierce does not carry such spacers/adapters. So back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
Send a parts request to MWB and see if they can sell you ax X1/9 specific unit. It will most likely be rebuilt, but they do good work. I used to have a couple Weber 32 DATR carbs taken from my 78, but I might have given them away. I will have to take a look on the shelves.

Update: I couldn't find a carb. Sorry. My 78 is in a slow motion process of switching to FI, I guess I did give away the carbs already.

Last edited:
I am trying to piece together a 1.5L carbed engine. I got the engine but it has just a long block, so I am piecing accessories little by little. I got intake and exhaust from FleaBay, and I am talking to a vendor who is selling Redline Weber carburetors. And here comes the rub: The Webers that he is selling are listed as compatible with whole bunch of cars and engines (124, 128, 131, and engines from 1.2 all the way to 1.8), but those carburetors are apparently NOT compatible with X 1/9 intake? Seller is saying that the bolt pattern on those Webers comes in either 92x45 mm or 80.7x40.6 mm. As far as I can measure, the bolt pattern on intake that I have is 88x47mm (center-to-center of the hole). Intake is a non-EGR, and fits on the head and with exhaust manifold correctly. No pic as I still dont have the carb yet. I was under the impression that base of the carbs are standardized?
If you want something that bolts right on to the stock 1500 intake manifold, you want a Weber:
32 DMTRA this was OE carb in 1974 USA cable operated choke
32 DATRA 1975 -1978 hot water operated choke
28 30 DHTA 1979-80 hot water choke
34 DMTR common performance upgrade, cable choke
Since your 1500 originally had a hot water choke, the easiest to install and hook up is 32 DATRA. I have several rebuilt ones on the shelf. $150

Attachments

• DSCN2064.JPG
    DSCN2064.JPG
    404.7 KB · Views: 82
For Zrated (new member) Money and aggravation saved by buying from a member here. You can be assured that it will fit, and the JETTING will be correct for your application.

If you want something that bolts right on to the stock 1500 intake manifold, you want a Weber:
32 DMTRA this was OE carb in 1974 USA cable operated choke
32 DATRA 1975 -1978 hot water operated choke
28 30 DHTA 1979-80 hot water choke
34 DMTR common performance upgrade, cable choke
Since your 1500 originally had a hot water choke, the easiest to install and hook up is 32 DATRA. I have several rebuilt ones on the shelf. $150

If the current deal falls through for whatever reason, I will contact you.

Thank you all for the replies! I've been reading through the various posts here in the past few days. A lot to learn! What I failed to mention is that engine is not going into X 1/9 but in a 91 Yugo (I hope that is not grounds for excommunication!). What I learned is that engine in Yugo sits little more upright, so even with a correct carburator for the Fiat engine, I would probably have to place a spacer anyways to get the carburetor to be level. So one thing at the time, I guess.

Thank you all for the replies! I've been reading through the various posts here in the past few days. A lot to learn! What I failed to mention is that engine is not going into X 1/9 but in a 91 Yugo (I hope that is not grounds for excommunication!). What I learned is that engine in Yugo sits little more upright, so even with a correct carburator for the Fiat engine, I would probably have to place a spacer anyways to get the carburetor to be level. So one thing at the time, I guess.
no spacer, the Yugo intake manifold gets it all lined up.

The engine sits more upright in the X1/9 than in the Fiat 128 the engine family came from. I don't know this for a fact, but I believe the Yugo would have the engine tilted about the same as in the 128. Which means you should look at front wheel drive Fiats (Fiat 128, Ritmo / Strada etc.) for things like manifolds, oil sumps, oil pump pick-ups etc.

Back