Fixing the garage

Bjorn Nilson

True Classic
I never did something about the garage since we moved in to the house 20 years ago so it was about time for renovation. I am spending a lot of time there and Berta deserves a better home. Walls and ceiling is ready and floor is almost prepared for new paint. -Surfacing a concrete floor is a dusty shitty job. The messy shelfs will be replaced by a new furniture and that's why I didn't bother to put paint on that wall if you wonder
IMG_20210716_171025.jpg

Furniture will look this but with an extra closet section.
55426_a77cf1eacd4ad6d85022ac3c19c5bd1e.jpg

Finally I finished the garage project. Due to Covid and problems in Canal of Suez, I've been waiting for delivery of the last furniture modules. Some other things popped up as well that delayed the project.
Tools has been cleaned up and organized so now I am ready for the garage season.
IMG_20211002_191223.jpg

The garage is not as big as it seems, there's just enough space for two cars. The picture is misleading a bit.

Excellent job! Very nice workplace. Is this a typical size garage for the homes there? It appears to be about the same as most of the ones here - at least in the areas where I've lived. However that varies a lot in differing regions; I'm sure the same is true there.

Is the purple foam for the carbon fiber projects?

I read about that Suez Canal incident. What a mess. Although I was surprised that in some parts of the world we still only have one option for shipping vessels to pass like that. Same thing exists in a couple other places. Considering the millions of vessels that pass and the trillions of dollars of cargo they carry, you would think it feasible to build better passage ways in key locations.

On a much smaller scale, the largest shipping port in western America has a worker shortage so cargo ships are not getting processed in and out as fast. That has created a huge backlog of supplies getting delivered.

Excellent job! Very nice workplace. Is this a typical size garage for the homes there?
Thanks Dr. Jeff. On Swedish houses built during the 80's and forward this is the normal size for a garage. On older houses a single car garage is most common. My garage is big enough to keep Berta and the VW Golf warm and dry during the winter. The Ford Probe is on winter storage and the VW Tiguan is kept outside during the whole year. Unfortunately there is no way to expand the garage so when extra space is needed, also the Golf is rolled out.
Yes, the pink foam board will be used for my carbon fiber projects. I bought a glass fiber trunk lid and will fabricate CF stands on it for the CF wing (currently hanging on the wall). There will also be front and rear splitters if time allows.
The incident on the Suez canal had a big impact on deliveries to EU as all vessels from/to Asia was rerouted around Africa with long delivery times and high costs as a result. Obviously the Suez and Panama canals are critical for the world economy and there's not much to do about it.

Back