Flat tow 850 Spider by front bumper brackets

Very nice. Came with a hardtop? I see a hardtop carrier on top of the Nissan

Yes. It came with a factory hardtop - you can see it sitting there, behind the car, in the photo showing the towbar attached (scroll up a bit). I'm eager to install the new latches and get the thing on the car. I'll post a picture after I get it installed. Regarding my use of Google Drive: I used that repository because the only option offered me - whilst building my Xweb post - is to provide a URL for the image; I did not find the option for "Upload Image." If one exists, I just don't where to find it.

Regarding my use of Google Drive: I used that repository because the only option offered me - whilst building my Xweb post - is to provide a URL for the image; I did not find the option for "Upload Image." If one exists, I just don't where to find it.

Hi Matt,

The Google pics appear for me today. Not sure why they weren't visible yesterday.

Just FYI: There is an "Upload File" button below the text box when you are creating a new thread. That button will allow you to load pictures, PDFs, etc up to the Xweb host server. You can also drag and drop pictures from your device into the text box as you are creating a new post or a reply.

This is what's happening when towing a X19 by the front bumper...

daniel 082.jpg

Maybe I forgot to unlock the steering wheel and made a wide turn...

Then I saw my car passing me by ...:eek:

Looks like the bumpers were designed for compressive forces, but not so much for being under tension. Good thing to remember before trying to put a ball hitch on the back of an X!

I wondered why my '86 front bumper was crooked - turned out most of the extruded ribs had been broken off on one side...

Thanks for this, JimD. I'm getting ready to start a post about the 903 turbo/MicroSquirt/electric water pump/dual radiator/etc.... build I'll be doing on this 850, and knowing how to directly upload photos will be helpful for adding easy-to-access, persistent images in the thread.

Super easy, even easier than it was before. The nice thing is they are fully embedded so they will stay here forever...72296DCB-C8D5-4C35-8D04-0F9379E6BDB4.jpeg

72296DCB-C8D5-4C35-8D04-0F9379E6BDB4.jpeg

Thanks again, Mark. I dragged the car 230 miles without incident. It all worked like a charm.

Now...it's time to yank the drivetrain and fix everything. Like all old cars with histories like this one, every rubber and plastic part on the car needs to be replaced. And...the car "needs" fuel injection and a turbo.
R-RW

NFsQ

I have never seen such a transport before.
But the idea is good.
But it would not be allowed in Germany.
We transported my Spider this way:

39666644by.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for this, JimD. I'm getting ready to start a post about the 903 turbo/MicroSquirt/electric water pump/dual radiator/etc.... build I'll be doing on this 850, and knowing how to directly upload photos will be helpful for adding easy-to-access, persistent images in the thread.
Better off with a supercharger than a turbo on the 903cc. Much better torque low down. Check out the Track car thread down the page. That has a Microsquirt and full EFI.

Back