Foot pedal removal- 850 Spider

Fiat4Fun

True Classic
Well, I was hoping for a bad cable, bushings or something easy to fix my sticky clutch pedal, but it looks like I need to take the pedal assembly out
Took out the cover to the tunnel, unhooked cable, the pedal was still stiff.
The arm in the tunnel is fine, but will replace bushings.
My spare moves super easy,
Was thinking I might loosen the bolts over the the center of the tunnel on the pedal assembly and see if the pedal shaft is torqued?
So, hate to pull the bolts on the brake master to pull the pedal assembly out, but that looks like the direction I am going.....
Any other advice is appreciated............
Thanks

UpdateL:
Well, finally got around to taking out the foot pedal assembly and had my spare ready to go.
It took about an hour to get it out, taking my time, playing around, no rush.
Once I got it out, the clutch pedal was sticky, so I removed the clutch pedal from the shaft, and took apart the sleeve
and shaft. Took about 20 minutes to clean everything up and put back together. Only took about 45 minutes to put the pedal in, without hooking up the clutch cable. The plan now is to hook up the clutch rod and cable, and it should be good to go.

Pretty easy fix all in all. The hardest thing was getting the bolt back into the brake master. Much easier than I thought it was going to be.
Hope to have the clutch all hooked up and my console and stereo back in soon, just in time for some warmer weather

UpdateL:
Well, finally got around to taking out the foot pedal assembly and had my spare ready to go.
It took about an hour to get it out, taking my time, playing around, no rush.
Once I got it out, the clutch pedal was sticky, so I removed the clutch pedal from the shaft, and took apart the sleeve
and shaft. Took about 20 minutes to clean everything up and put back together. Only took about 45 minutes to put the pedal in, without hooking up the clutch cable. The plan now is to hook up the clutch rod and cable, and it should be good to go.

Pretty easy fix all in all. The hardest thing was getting the bolt back into the brake master. Much easier than I thought it was going to be.
Hope to have the clutch all hooked up and my console and stereo back in soon, just in time for some warmer weather
Pictures?

Well, I didn't even think about taking pictures, that would of been smart........
Sorry about that. I did get the car all back together, and even had a new set of bushings for the clutch pedal pivot in the tunnel. I should order another set for the future. Clutch works perfect now. Super happy. I did not use my spare set of pedals, so will put those away. The whole thing was way easier than I thought it was going to be. I think I psyched myself out when I released that it was bolted to the brake master.
I can post a picture of the car if that helps? Just another green 850.

I suffer the same malady, worrying too much about what I will run into during a repair and getting psyched out. Seeing someone work through the problem and a description always helps.

The best thing is it all turned out well with the right result.

Always happy to see another green 850, a fairly rare color in your case :)

Back