For a 74-78 X19, what's the trim on the BOTTOM of the doors called, officially? Can't find on MWB site.

tvmaster

True Classic
The bottom door trims are so hard and brittle now, they essentially scratch the paint surface.
What's the official name for these pieces of trim, as I couldn't find anything on MWB site to replace them with, or is this unobtanium, and you have to improvise?
If so, anyone have a source for softer material that works?
thanks

That looks like it. I guess I was looking under 'trim' as opposed to 'door components'? Would you say yours are in good enough shape they won't scratch the sill paint?
You might consider putting a clear film coating over the painted area for the seal to drag over. The same stuff they use on the front of your car to protect against rock chips etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Scotchgard-Clear-Paint-Protection-60-inches/dp/B004VG8DS0?th=1 It can be had in other widths.

You might consider putting a clear film coating over the painted area for the seal to drag over. The same stuff they use on the front of your car to protect against rock chips etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Scotchgard-Clear-Paint-Protection-60-inches/dp/B004VG8DS0?th=1 It can be had in other widths.
Great minds think alike. My painter and I just agreed that’s the best solution, since the plastic seals on mine aren’t actually all that bad, as far as flexibility goes. Good call!

How will the polyurethane film stand up to constant rubbing?

I went with a 2mil Teflon tape. It's held up well after a summer of driving. Pics are before and after installation.

Roy

Attachments

• IMG_2016.JPG
    IMG_2016.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1827.JPG
    IMG_1827.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2013.JPG
    IMG_2013.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 80
How will the polyurethane film stand up to constant rubbing?

I went with a 2mil Teflon tape. It's held up well after a summer of driving. Pics are before and after installation.

Roy
Is that clear tape, or did you find a color which was a close match?

Yep. More than the cost of the tape. Sort of par for the course of living in Canada....

Googled "teflon tape".

Try McMaster Carr. Not an option for me as they do not ship to residences up here :rolleyes:

Back