For Sale 87 X w/leather

I’ve been tempted to get one of those parking lifts. I have a 10 ft garage ceiling so height is not a problem. But I’m concerned about how much obstruction would be caused by the posts.

Huey...

I'm unsure of what kind of obstruction you are thinking of. Different makes have different dimensions and with my somewhat small 2 car garage in my last home I measured carefully. But most are within inches of each other. Let me know if I can help you with any issues surrounding this topic. I surely don't know it all, but I've been there!

Huey...

I'm unsure of what kind of obstruction you are thinking of. Different makes have different dimensions and with my somewhat small 2 car garage in my last home I measured carefully. But most are within inches of each other. Let me know if I can help you with any issues surrounding this topic. I surely don't know it all, but I've been there!

Most of the ones I've seen have giant posts at all four corners, which would put two posts along the front wall of the garage that is lined with workbenches. I fear they would constantly be in the way. My last garage had two support posts going down the center between the two garage doors. I cursed those posts every day I spent working in the garage because, no matter what I was doing, one of them always seemed to be in the way.

There were a couple of threads about this not too long ago. Perhaps this discussion should be continued elsewhere?

I have had a couple of calls but not sure how serious they are. I only have it listed here and I certainly don't mind the banter since it does keep me at the top.

I got into old Land Rover Series trucks a few years back and the X has taken a back set. I have a 109 Project being delivered sometime this Summer and I was hoping to free up a bay.

It is great to see you guys still going strong.
Cheers,

Bob, I saw this today on the Petrolicious site... and thought of you. Land Rover, Range Rover, same thing?

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/...fkQknwJFqWL8?.partner=sbc&.rand=81bb4udrt3pic

Just for the record I don't mind the highjack at all. I continue to get PM's on the car and I give you guys credit for that.

As far as Rovers go here is my current ride. It's a 72 Series 3 88. I also have a 109 project in the works which is why I am looking for more space. It is a going to be a 109 body on a Defender 110 chassis with a Rover V8. I am keeping it all Rover rather than going the LS route. My attempt to be true to the marque.

Attachments

• IMG_1665.JPG
    IMG_1665.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 16
  • LOG_Website_LandRover2017_WinterRomp_042.jpg
    LOG_Website_LandRover2017_WinterRomp_042.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 16
It is a going to be a 109 body on a Defender 110 chassis with a Rover V8.
Love it.

And glad we hadn't upset your ad too much. That was my concern...it's easy for us (especially me) to get carried away with off topic stuff. I'll admit, a big part of my fondness for this forum is the members...not just the cars.

Back