For Scorpion Owners or Wanta Be Owners...

CandBMotorworks

C&BMotorworks
I know an elderly gentleman in San Diego who has tons of FIAT and Lancia parts at his house. It's been a year or more since I saw him last, but I would expect that he would still have much of it.

This guy had a couple Scorpions in need of finishing. He also had a couple Xs and at least 6 124 Spiders. And parts, and manuals and, and, and...

I don't want to hound him, because he is elderly, but if there is interest, I will try to get in touch with him to see if he has stuff to offer here.

Not Charlie...

No, this is an old guy I met a couple years back when looking for parts for my X. I found him through a CL ad that someone else had posted. He used to ba a FIAT/Lancia mechanic. Most of the stuff I refer to was piled around in his yard and garage (including a red Scorpion in the garage). I beleve he said he had more cars in storage.

He was planning to "retire" to the point of substantially downsizing his collection. He was planning to keep a couple cars. When I last saw him he was trying to sell his collection of parts to one of the parts suppliers...might have been Bayless. The problem was that they wanted him to organize and catalog all his parts so they'd know what they were buying, and that was just too overwhelming for him to do.

I think he'd been in touch with Bayless...Matt Brannon might know him (or know of him). Maybe Chris Obert spoke to him once too.

Anyway, real nice guy, knows a lot of stuff, and will talk your ear off. He's not internet capable, and barely answers his phone (he's in his late 70s). Which is why I thought I'd "run interference" or at least try to call him if there was interest, just to keep him from being overwhelmed. But, if only one or two people are interested, PM me and I'll give you his contact info.

Like I said before, it's been over a year since I last spoke to him, so it could be a dead end at this point. But you never know, and in the quest to find old and hard to get parts, you have to keep tabs on people like this.

Maybe I should do a Trip down and see him. I might buy a few cars and see If I can get them back on the road...I have 4xs now whats a few more:eyepop::eyepop:

Back