For those who wish to aspire to a Scorpion...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
65778213-770-0@2X.jpg

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/lancia/scorpion/2230443.html?refer=news

Not mine, not to my taste, but must admit it is one fine resto-mod...

Now I can't unsee that interior.
Thanks a lot Jim. The first time I viewed the link, I got as far as the price at the top and stopped looking. So I hadn't noticed the interior. But after your comment, I had to go back and see what you were referring to. Pajamas for car interior fabric? :eek:

Optimistic pricing, for sure. I read through the seller's description and it seems this car has had many loving owners. The engine upgrades should put it beyond Montecarlo spec, as far as power. It's a shame there wasn't a little more restraint exercised on the upholstery and Martini stripes, but otherwise this looks like a great Scorpion. I'm guessing as-is, it would bring mid-to-high teens on BaT.

Thanks a lot Jim. The first time I viewed the link, I got as far as the price at the top and stopped looking. So I hadn't noticed the interior. But after your comment, I had to go back and see what you were referring to. Pajamas for car interior fabric? :eek:

Yeah Guys... I swear that interior v-i-b-r-a-t-e-d when I first looked at it. That, or I needed a new prescription.

BUT... ya gotta hand it to the guy, he's a bit "sticker-crazy" but he kept the Martini Racing livery and theme throughout. But as Pete said... if it was ALL original there might be a very small audience that would want this car. Since its such a personalized piece, I fear the only prospective buyer is the current owner.

The car is mechanically and quality-wise right up there though... and a "regular" guy would probably haveta UNDO and REDO a lot and that which would require a great reduction in the selling price. I could see the $30K if it was a low mileage original for those that like that kinda thing, but as RJ80 said, mid-teens as it is..

I can see though we all (y'all) kinda think alike though... but it did spur a bit of conversation.

but he kept the Martini Racing livery and theme throughout
It's true, at least he had a theme and it appears to be well done - workmanship wise. As for interior colors and patterns, I've certainly seen MUCH worse. Even on some very high-end cars with very expensive custom interiors.

As Tony says, it is a personal taste thing. Maybe there are other options though?.....

ridiculous-car-customizations.jpeg honda hello kitty62.jpg 1f0f700303e7646b49fef3d9cf83e1fe.jpg blue-car.jpg

It's true, at least he had a theme and it appears to be well done - workmanship wise. As for interior colors and patterns, I've certainly seen MUCH worse. Even on some very high-end cars with very expensive custom interiors.

As Tony says, it is a personal taste thing. Maybe there are other options though?.....

View attachment 19464 View attachment 19465 View attachment 19466 View attachment 19467

Looks like the owner of the "Yellow Bordello" ran out of money before he got to the steering wheel.

If you read through the narrative by the seller, she (I think) says "The interior was completely redone, new old stock aviation upholstery in the same color and pattern was sourced". I read that as this was the same as the original fabric from the factory. I know that some of the later Bertones had some pretty wild upholstery colors, but I am not really familiar with what the Scorpions came with.

Hmm, I wasn’t that bothered. For a grand one could have whatever interior one wants.

But its already starting at a bit of a ridiculous price.

It is a nice car that I would love to own.

The door panels would have been the same blue vinyl as the dash and the seats either blue vinyl or leather. Based on the head rests, I’d say they were vinyl.

If you read through the narrative by the seller, she (I think) says "The interior was completely redone, new old stock aviation upholstery in the same color and pattern was sourced". I read that as this was the same as the original fabric from the factory. I know that some of the later Bertones had some pretty wild upholstery colors, but I am not really familiar with what the Scorpions came with.

I personally know Shannon Low. He is a very nice stand up guy. Shannon is a real car guy and he is someone that you can trust, which not something you can say for most people these days. Maybe Shannon's ideas on how the car should have been restored is not to everyone's liking but I kind of like it myself. Those seats look really good in real life. Sometimes pictures don't do a car justice and I believe that is what is going on with this particular car. I have seen this car in real life and it is very nice.

Good luck with the sale of the car Shannon.

George

I personally know Shannon Low. He is a very nice stand up guy. Shannon is a real car guy and he is someone that you can trust, which not something you can say for most people these days. Maybe Shannon's ideas on how the car should have been restored is not to everyone's liking but I kind of like it myself. Those seats look really good in real life. Sometimes pictures don't do a car justice and I believe that is what is going on with this particular car. I have seen this car in real life and it is very nice.

Good luck with the sale of the car Shannon.

George
Definately a “blast from the past”!! Reminds me of my childhood!

Back