Foreigners surprise me sometimes

Dr.Jeff

True Classic
{Please note, this is intended as humor only}

I was searching for some "assistance aids" for the handicapped; you know stuff to make life easier for those with disabilities (no, not for me). The Google search results included a site in the UK that specializes in this kind of thing. Looking through the site I came across an item I really can't figure out. The image (below) appears to be a typical European style wall outlet (electrical power receptacle), which I believe is 220 volt there? And the device is a finger attachment that plugs directly into the power outlet. Someone please explain why the UK sells such devices to the handicapped...are they trying to reduce that population?

images.jpg

Optional uses might be: to help "wake up" when eliminating coffee intake, or to help quit smoking (just use it every time you get the urge), or maybe it is a modern form of electroshock therapy to assist with dementia.
The image is real and actually was on the UK website for handicap assistance aids. There was no explanation given, just a way to purchase it. I suppose those who might buy something like this don't really need any explanations.

90AFC81D-613A-494D-BE69-8750D75D38A5.png
{Please note, this is intended as humor only}

I was searching for some "assistance aids" for the handicapped; you know stuff to make life easier for those with disabilities (no, not for me). The Google search results included a site in the UK that specializes in this kind of thing. Looking through the site I came across an item I really can't figure out. The image (below) appears to be a typical European style wall outlet (electrical power receptacle), which I believe is 220 volt there? And the device is a finger attachment that plugs directly into the power outlet. Someone please explain why the UK sells such devices to the handicapped...are they trying to reduce that population?

View attachment 13140

Optional uses might be: to help "wake up" when eliminating coffee intake, or to help quit smoking (just use it every time you get the urge), or maybe it is a modern form of electroshock therapy to assist with dementia.
The image is real and actually was on the UK website for handicap assistance aids. There was no explanation given, just a way to purchase it. I suppose those who might buy something like this don't really need any explanations.
UK has different type of socket. If this is their “product”, it’s for export :D

*UK on the left in picture

So the one on the right (in your picture) is a standard European 220V plug. That means the item I posted about is designed for the general European market. But the question is, why would they make an item that allows you to stick your fingers directly into an electrical outlet?

So the one on the right (in your picture) is a standard European 220V plug. That means the item I posted about is designed for the general European market. But the question is, why would they make an item that allows you to stick your fingers directly into an electrical outlet?
Politics involved, won’t speak about that :D

Yeah, I have seen, and used, those electrical outlets when holidaying in Europe from time to time! But you would need tiny, tiny, tiny fingers to insert them into the holes of the electrical outlet!
I think that even a baby's fingers would be too large to slip into those holes!

cheers, IanL - NZ

Ian, look again at what they are selling. It is essentially an adapter to allow full-sized fingers to fit into one end of it, and in turn the adapter plugs into the electrical outlet.

images.jpg

You can see it has electrical contacts inside the finger holes, and at the socket side of the adapter. That would be a direct connection between the users fingers and the wall outlet. Much like the plug adapter that Janis showed above, to connect another style appliance into the European outlets. But in this case, the appliance is a human. Why?

Eeeewwww, I see what you mean! Haven't run into those babies yet! Yep, I agree, potentially a trap for "young players"!! You would need to keep the grand-kids clear of those!

cheers, IanL - NZ

Back