Foreigners surprise me sometimes

Discussion in 'NFC Forum' started by Dr.Jeff, Jul 14, 2018 at 12:15 AM.

1. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

{Please note, this is intended as humor only}

I was searching for some "assistance aids" for the handicapped; you know stuff to make life easier for those with disabilities (no, not for me). The Google search results included a site in the UK that specializes in this kind of thing. Looking through the site I came across an item I really can't figure out. The image (below) appears to be a typical European style wall outlet (electrical power receptacle), which I believe is 220 volt there? And the device is a finger attachment that plugs directly into the power outlet. Someone please explain why the UK sells such devices to the handicapped...are they trying to reduce that population?

images.jpg

Optional uses might be: to help "wake up" when eliminating coffee intake, or to help quit smoking (just use it every time you get the urge), or maybe it is a modern form of electroshock therapy to assist with dementia.
    The image is real and actually was on the UK website for handicap assistance aids. There was no explanation given, just a way to purchase it. I suppose those who might buy something like this don't really need any explanations.

2. mkmini

mkmini True Classic

90AFC81D-613A-494D-BE69-8750D75D38A5.png
    UK has different type of socket. If this is their “product”, it’s for export :D

*UK on the left in picture

3. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

So the one on the right (in your picture) is a standard European 220V plug. That means the item I posted about is designed for the general European market. But the question is, why would they make an item that allows you to stick your fingers directly into an electrical outlet?

4. mkmini

mkmini True Classic

Politics involved, won’t speak about that :D

Dr.Jeff likes this.