Former dealership scrap x1/9s

Outside of Bob hiring those Canadians to steal parts...

(Just kidding, just kidding... we all know it was Tony K... JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING...)

AND,

I love the 6th photo down, where there is a nice round rock sitting on the Targa Bar of the red car so that you don't haveta go hunting around to smash another windshield.

Nice! (The bastards... and I'm NOT kidding.)

Ulix, I remember seeing the extended X1/9 2X2 in the Bertone auction that had an automatic. Seeing that the 2X2 is carburetor would possibly mean it is prior to '79 (possibly). Maybe it was just for the prototype but that is the first time I ever saw an automatic in an X1/9 of any type.
V/r, Mike

not the case.

^^
http://xwebforums.org/showpost.php?p=240291&postcount=15

The 2+2 or 1 used the 1979-85? "beertap" style shifter knob that was the factory stick on 5-speed X1/9s from those years.
You probably have the black ball style shifter that is throwing you off.

Most literature calls the 2+2 a 1980 but auction listed as a 1981 chassis.

I'm sure Lou saw what he saw but it was a custom job or 2 in my opinion.
Plus we need photos..:)

Greg, you are right. I am not used to seeing such a large shift knob. Now, the paperwork states 1981 but it is carburetor... Prototypes are so confusing.
(Paperwork: http://www.benimobili.it/download.php?id=184806&mod=inline)
"Marca: FIAT
Modello: X1/9 allungata
Anno fabbricazione: 1981
Telaio: non rilevabile
(vedi fotografie nelle pagine seguenti)"

Apologize for my ignorance.
2828647252c481d9d104a4238c1b9672.jpg

aee96bd1a0ba3691f6cd1156ab4be620.jpg

Like the color and interior leather.

V/r, Mike

European X's were carbureted to the end of the run, no?
Nice to see even that car's glove box won't stay shut. like mine lately :whistle:

Last edited:
Has anyone gone to Jersey to see those scavenged X1/9s? I can't see them in the pic
Check back to post #13 in this thread: "The sad news is that the parts cars were recently put in the crusher to make room for new cars." That was dated Oct 13, 2015.

Last winter while I was at the Fiat dealer getting parts for my wife's engine swap, I asked the parts manager (who has been with Ramsey Motors since the '80's) about them. He seemed to think they still existed & gave me his card to call him back after he had time to investigate. I forgot about it until now. I'll have to call him back & see what the outcome of his research was.

Back