found honda with 6 speed is this a k20?

I was originally asking if it was a K motor. I am confused, though it looks like another picture I have found for the B.

Look up page say's this should be a 150hp motor (I am guessing there is a problem with this motor as the valve cover is removed) but still, even a rebuildable motor might have some value for this.

If you want a B motor (which the photo isn't) your best bet is to look for Acura Integras from about 1996 to 2000 or so. That
year range will have hydraulic clutches...the earlier 90's models had cable. I believe a B18C1 in the US integras had 170 or
180 hp. If you're willing to spend a few grand, buy a JDM B18c1 and tranny online from an importer. Those will have lower miles
as a rule. They also cost quite a bit less than the B18c Type R which put out around 200 hp but cost a good bit more. Do a search
on Ebay for B18C motor and you'll see a variety of different models.

Now I get what you are saying, was this engine swapped into the car vs the original engine described on the smog sticker? I'd have to re-read the earlier posts myself, but I think someone also answered that question? But I might be mistaken on that. If it were me, I'd rather find one that is complete and running. If you suspect this engine is bad (valve cover is off), it could cost more to rebuild than finding a good engine.

And now another answer just popped up while I was typing...

When I looked previously I was searching Civics. So after reading the comment by "X1/9Cruiser", I looked at Integras. Several to choose from for roughly the same price range as Civics. But it seems more of the Integras are automatics than Civics were. That would make sense. But makes the selection a bit more difficult.
The add that I enjoyed most simply said: "My lame ass boyfriend won't fix this car so I'm selling it."

Having done a bit more sleuthing, it should be an F23B1

F22B1
This engine was used in the 1994-1997 Honda Accord EX (1993 in JDM Accord models 2.2VTE, VTL & VTS) and the 1997 Acura CL. It was the first F-series engine to feature VTEC. The VTEC on this engine was Honda's VTEC-E system tuned more for fuel efficiency than performance.

SpecificationsEdit
  • Bore × Stroke: 85 mm × 95 mm (3.35 in × 3.74 in)
  • Displacement: 2.2 L (2,156 cc)
  • Piston Length: 65 mm (2.6 in)
  • Compression Ratio: 8.8:1
  • Rod Length: 142 mm (5.6 in)
  • Rod Diameter: 51 mm (2.0 in)
  • Pin Diameter: 22 mm (0.87 in)
  • Valvetrain: SOHC, 16 valves (4 valves per cylinder), VTEC
  • Max Power: 145 hp (108 kW) at 5,500 rpm
  • Max Torque: 199 N⋅m (147 lb⋅ft) at 4,500 rpm
  • VTEC Switchover: 2300~3200 rpm (depending on manifold pressure)
  • Redline: 6,500 rpm (fuel cut-off action)
  • Firing order: 1-3-4-2
  • Fuel control: (1994–1995) OBD-I PGM-FI (1996–1998) OBD-II PGM-FI

Back