Found this today - 1974, SoCal

One of my all time favorite X colors. Interior lets it down IMHO. Don’t you just love that automakers used to offer jellybean colors instead of the coffin colors we get now?

One of my all time favorite X colors. Interior lets it down IMHO. Don’t you just love that automakers used to offer jellybean colors instead of the coffin colors we get now?

YES! Some manufacturers offer good colors today though and people STILL buy grey, black, white, and silver. It's insane.

I believe that's Rob's car, AKA "Zonker" Nice, I think it used to be green.
Ad says: “Original French blue color resprayed by a previous owner”, and includes a paint-code of 426, Blue. Had to read it twice :) But ‘74 means no smog in Ca.
What don’t people like about the interior - the door panels?

The person I was renting a house with bought a new French Blue X1/9 about a month after I bought mine. Nice color. I expect that the seats must be a little rough to be covered up like that but the rest looks pretty in the photos. I see it has the screwed on door card option.

Interior. As noted, the only issue with the interior is the use of screws for the door panels (too bad as they look to be in great condition) lack of the choke cover on the choke handle by the emergency brake and also as mentioned, probably some pretty tatty seats. I would also wager the carpet has been replaced at some time in it's life, but looks good. Can't tell if it has floor mats as well or if the carpet kit was in pieces. Overall, a nice survivor and fun weekend driver. For a person who wants the 74 model that they can drive and build upon, good starting point.

Is that a Ferrari steering wheel? (Or one of those kicking-donkey ones I've seen floating around on here?) Either way, super cool.

Back