FREE! 1983 X1/9 Parts Car

aarpcard

True Classic
UPDATE: Forum member lookforjoe came and picked up the car in its entirety. He mentioned that he might be willing to part out some of the parts still on the car. Please contact him for parts requests. Thanks for all the interest!

----------------------------------------

I need to free up space in my driveway, so that means the x1/9 parts car has to go...

Free to anyone who wants it - just have to come get it. If it's still here in 2 weeks, I'm unfortunately going to have to scrap it. Figured I'd offer it here in case anyone wanted it.

A lot of parts have been removed, but it still has a lot of good parts on it. There is a lot of rust in the trunk area, and headlight pods.

-Can be rolled around easily, and the e-brake still works.

NOTE: I will be keeping the targa top - it will not be included with the car. The top will stay on the car until it's gone to keep the rain out. (I'll throw in a tarp for free if someone want it.)

I'll happily answer questions about what is/isn't still on the car.
I might entertain selling individual parts . . . but if the car is still here in two weeks, the whole thing will be scrapped.

EDIT: It also has a clean title.

IMG_20180617_150759.jpg
IMG_20180617_150813.jpg IMG_20180617_150854.jpg
IMG_20180617_150836.jpg

IMG_20180617_150847.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180617_150729.jpg
    IMG_20180617_150729.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Any chance of purloining the AC control assembly in the instrument panel? It doesn’t look like th AC will be running anytime soon...

Any chance of purloining the AC control assembly in the instrument panel? It doesn’t look like th AC will be running anytime soon...

If the car gets scrapped, I can take it off for you before it goes.

The ganged AC control switches do work electrically. Before this turned into a parts car, I took them apart and cleaned up all the contacts to get them to function. Can't comment on the vacuum aspect as the AC never worked on this car. Visually it'd need a refresh though.

I'll have to consider this. I have a trailer and you are only 1.5 hours from me (and I even have a spare targa top!) There aren't really any parts I need, though.

Obviously it has some value as an ex A-TEAM commemorative car. I'd hold out for a big score from the fans at B.A.Baracus-con...
I'll have to take your word for this, as I have no idea what the A-Team's X1/9 looked like (ha-ha). You are too funny. :D

If you are willing...

I could use the defrost vent and the heater control bezel if the mounting tabs aren't broken(it's sitting on the driver seat). Long shot, but do you have the digital clock (working or not)? I also need the vertical plastic trim piece on the inside of the car immediately behind the door opening (driver side and passenger side). They are held in place with three screws.

I realize you are not parting it out. But if by chance you can swing it, I'd like the steering wheel adapter for mounting the aftermarket wheel. There might even be two of them (red boxes below)? If that is a second one on the floor, then perhaps it won't impede the ability to move the car around. I will gladly purchase it plus shipping expense.

IMG_20180617_150854.jpg

Sorry we are bombarding you with these small requests. But you understand the opportunity for parts can be limited at times. Thanks for considering it.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not interested in the steering wheel itself. Only the mounting adapter. I have a neat aftermarket Italian wheel I could mount with that style of hub adapter. ;)

Last edited:
I also see it was the very rare limited "S" edition. I've only ever seen one before.

View attachment 12177

I'm assuming that's sarcasm haha? If not I've only ever seen one too!

I realize you are not parting it out. But if by chance you can swing it, I'd like the steering wheel adapter for mounting the aftermarket wheel. There might even be two of them (red boxes below)? If that is a second one on the floor, then perhaps it won't impede the ability to move the car around. I will gladly purchase it plus shipping expense.

View attachment 12178

Sorry we are bombarding you with these small requests. But you understand the opportunity for parts can be limited at times. Thanks for considering it.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not interested in the steering wheel itself. Only the mounting adapter. I have a neat aftermarket Italian wheel I could mount with that style of hub adapter. ;)

As for the adapter - the one on the floor is actually the horn for the steering wheel. I'm not sure if the steering wheel adapter can be separated from the steering wheel. . . I'll take some more pictures tomorrow if you'd like.

If you are willing...

I could use the defrost vent and the heater control bezel if the mounting tabs aren't broken(it's sitting on the driver seat). Long shot, but do you have the digital clock (working or not)? I also need the vertical plastic trim piece on the inside of the car immediately behind the door opening (driver side and passenger side). They are held in place with three screws.

Unfortunately all but one (maybe two) of the tabs are broken. The two plastic trims are there. The driver's side one has a few cracks, I think the passengers side one is in good shape. I'll keep you posted on what happens with the car.

EDIT: As for the clock, the car didn't come with one.

Last edited:
I'd like to take the car if possible. Can it be towed on a dolly (rear wheels up?).

Just need to make sure I can use my mum's Volvo C30, which has a tow hitch

EDIT - looking into tow dolly now..

Last edited:
Back