Friday wrenching...

budgetzagato

Administrator
Spent part of my evening working on the Budget Scorpion. I had quite a time finding a substitute for the large fuel tank-to-filler neck vent hose. It measures 22mm I.D. which is pretty hard to find in a fuel-vapor suitable hose. I found a fuel line at my local CarQuest in 3/4" which I decided was close enough.

The original line looked, well, original right down to one clamp at the filler neck an original overlapping strap type.

IMG_1094-1.jpg

This hose was the last of the old hoses and a likely source of fumes and smelliness, especially after filling the gas tank. Here's why, you can see the ends are checked and the inside rife with pinholes that I found after cutting it open lengthwise.

IMG_1095-1.jpg

IMG_1097-1.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

Here's the new hose in place with new clamps.

IMG_1098.jpg

Now I'm set for the weekend, which will be some other engine bay details like the crankcase vent hose etc.

Nice work as always, Greg.

I notice the larger filler hose looks fairly new. Did you replace that? If so, do you have a source and part number? When I went looking a while back, I only found straight "flex" pieces, which kinked up when asked to make that 90 degree bend.

Thanks,
Pete

Sadly no...

I can't take credit for that hose, it it the only one that was in decent shape when I got the car. I suspect it was replaced shortly before I got it.

I'll look it over to see if there is a part number on it. I didn't get any records with this car.

The Monte Hospital shows a listing under "Petrol Fill Hose" in red, black or blue. £48.18.

MH5061-MH5062-MH5063.jpg

http://montehospital.net/shop/index...rch_in_description=1&keyword=Petrol+Fill+Hose

Another option is finding one for another car of the same diameter and general shape, and cutting to fit.

Back