Front end shake

All, about to replace the bush's on my radius rod as discussed here. Got the polyurethane ones from Texas, but they look significantly thicker. Wrong part, install differently or ? Thoughts?

Note, I will get some one more skilled to do the alignment....

Attachments

• 20171022_192549.jpg
    20171022_192549.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I installed today but I do not have the modules in the car as I took my modules in case I could not get the wrecked Abarth running.

The new bushings squeeze down a lot, like a balloon ready to burst. Not sure how long they will last.

TonyK.
Grimsby Ontario Canada.

IMG_4320.JPG
IMG_4321.JPG

That is good news Tony. Glad to hear you made some progress on this issue.

Took the car for a drive to day.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=U0m1z4k7LYQ&feature=em-upload_owner

See this link. There is a minimal shake at 55 miles per hour, outside of that nothing.

I think it needs a bit of alignment on the caster will have to look in to that further.

Overall a big improvement.

TonyK.
Glad to hear you are getting the problem sorted out. I was ready to go for a ride in your car but when I clicked the link two videos of mine came up. One was my car and the other was of my wife giving a silk flower demo. Anyone else get this? Might want to see if that is happening on your end.

Looks like a good time. A very good time indeed.

So where are things now on this car? You added a piggy back ECU? Or is this a reflashed ECU?

This is a factory fresh ECU flashed at the dealer with and Open Flash Tablet ECU flash stage 2 tune.

The other car has a piggy back that I am working on for Bob Martin's black Dallara.

TonyK.

Gone! The car sat over the winter and now at FFO 2019 no shake, no vibration and I have done nothing. The car is a delight to drive and no matter at what speed no shake have had it up to 75 Miles an hour, go figure.

TonyK.

At FF0 2019 Green's Bourgh.

Gone! The car sat over the winter and now at FFO 2019 no shake, no vibration and I have done nothing. The car is a delight to drive and no matter at what speed no shake have had it up to 75 Miles an hour, go figure.

TonyK.

At FF0 2019 Green's Bourgh.

That's good news Tony. That fix has rarely worked for me. Of course, our winters are shorter down here. :)

I too have a shake at about 110-120k. I bought the poly bushings as well. I haven’t installed them yet but after seeing this thread I’m definitely putting that install/upgrade on the to do list!

I had a shake also. Caused by play on the rims. Had them repaired and the shake was gone.

Attachments

• 4FA8BF3E-7EF8-4B97-85DB-BE7AC6D22DAF.jpeg
    4FA8BF3E-7EF8-4B97-85DB-BE7AC6D22DAF.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 2A4583CB-86A6-466F-A506-00B77DEC32CC.jpeg
    2A4583CB-86A6-466F-A506-00B77DEC32CC.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 66
Back