Front end shake

Discussion in 'Workshop Forum' started by TonyK, Sep 30, 2017.

1. RMW

RMW Daily Driver

All, about to replace the bush's on my radius rod as discussed here. Got the polyurethane ones from Texas, but they look significantly thicker. Wrong part, install differently or ? Thoughts?

Note, I will get some one more skilled to do the alignment....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  2. TonyK

TonyK True Classic

I installed today but I do not have the modules in the car as I took my modules in case I could not get the wrecked Abarth running.

The new bushings squeeze down a lot, like a balloon ready to burst. Not sure how long they will last.

TonyK.
    Grimsby Ontario Canada.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] IMG_4320.JPG IMG_4321.JPG

3. TonyK

TonyK True Classic

4. JimD

JimD Waiting for Godot... Moderator

That is good news Tony. Glad to hear you made some progress on this issue.

5. dragonsgate

dragonsgate True Classic

Glad to hear you are getting the problem sorted out. I was ready to go for a ride in your car but when I clicked the link two videos of mine came up. One was my car and the other was of my wife giving a silk flower demo. Anyone else get this? Might want to see if that is happening on your end.

6. TonyK

TonyK True Classic

I will post the link again.

See if this works.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

kmead likes this.
  7. kmead

kmead Old enough to know better

Looks like a good time. A very good time indeed.

So where are things now on this car? You added a piggy back ECU? Or is this a reflashed ECU?

8. TonyK

TonyK True Classic

This is a factory fresh ECU flashed at the dealer with and Open Flash Tablet ECU flash stage 2 tune.

The other car has a piggy back that I am working on for Bob Martin's black Dallara.

TonyK.

9. TonyK

TonyK True Classic

Gone! The car sat over the winter and now at FFO 2019 no shake, no vibration and I have done nothing. The car is a delight to drive and no matter at what speed no shake have had it up to 75 Miles an hour, go figure.

TonyK.

At FF0 2019 Green's Bourgh.

JimD likes this.
  10. JimD

JimD Waiting for Godot... Moderator

That's good news Tony. That fix has rarely worked for me. Of course, our winters are shorter down here. :)

11. Mike Schofield

Mike Schofield True Classic

I too have a shake at about 110-120k. I bought the poly bushings as well. I haven’t installed them yet but after seeing this thread I’m definitely putting that install/upgrade on the to do list!

12. Mxgrds

Mxgrds True Classic

I had a shake also. Caused by play on the rims. Had them repaired and the shake was gone.

Attached Files: