front marker lights

vircar

original owner
i need to change the front marker lights on an 80 spider, how do i get to the bulbs. do the fixtures pop out or do i have to take out the headlights to get to them .

The lens unscrews from the assembly. The bulbs will then be visible and accessible.

that i know my question is how do i get to the back of the assembly while its on the car

Sorry you mentioned asking how to get to the bulbs thus the answer.

You are trying to remove the assembly from the bumper on an 80 with OE tubular bumpers?

4492C463-766F-45DB-B800-AFC1A1A042E9.png

The above pic is from the Fiat repair manual, it’s unclear if the mounting screws screws are inside the housing under the lens and then into the mount or if they are mounted from the back as the secondary screws shown on the back may be the mounting screws.

My Coupe is different in all regards from the Spider on these parts.

Last edited:
i need to change the front marker lights on an 80 spider, how do i get to the bulbs. do the fixtures pop out or do i have to take out the headlights to get to them .

If you're asking about the front side-marker light (on the fender), you can change the bulb in it by reaching up into the fenderwell, grabbing the center socket assembly & twisting it counter-clockwise, then pulling the socket assembly out of the reflector unit. You can now change the bulb.

It's often easiest to remove the front wheel for easier access & viewing. ;)

thanks got them out on driver side went between wheel well and fender on passenger side couldnt get threw the wheel well but got it from the port under the head light . once again thanks for the help

Back