Front trunk strut kits..

Here I am!

Yes, that was and is me.

Unfortunately I have not had time to restock the parts needed for the kits. Some parts that I used are no longer made, to make things harder.

I can walk you through the process of a DIY job if you like.

:hug:

Yes, that was and is me.

Unfortunately I have not had time to restock the parts needed for the kits. Some parts that I used are no longer made, to make things harder.

I can walk you through the process of a DIY job if you like.

:hug:

Works for me, just easier than starting from scratch :)

Maybe...

I can get some part numbers off mine. I will take a look tomorrow. Hope these show up correctly below. Darn internets and tubes!

100_9007.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!

That helps - now I have to look for 5-hole mount brackets...

... if you could embed them in img tags (the little landscape icon above), they would display in the post.... :)

nah, they're too expensive...

...if you don't have good used ones....

I googled the PN on Aaron's pic, and found these

Gas Spring 40Lb 15" Ext 9.5" Comp W/Plastic Ends -

GSNI-5150-40

popup-1.jpg

and these

Gas Spring Flat Mounting Brackets 5 Hole -

popup.jpg

..about 35 bucks for two struts & four brackets, seems reasonable.

Adventure RV

It's at the bottom of the posted pictures. I just did a Google search on the part number GSNI-5150-40 and one of the first links was to the Adventure RV website. At the bottom of that page is a link to the 5-hole brackets as well. Two struts and two bracket sets (2 per set) with shipping came to about $41.

Strut kit.....

I just placed an order as well. Shipping is a bit much for Canada, but this is something I've been looking at for some time, and never had opportunity to act upon.

Being as the "snow" has started flying in Cold Lake, I'm thinking this is going to be a "spring" project. The X has been put away for the winter, and with me deploying to Afghanistan, there isn't much work being done to it in the immediate future.

Take care out there

Do what you've gotta do and know in your mind we appreciate your efforts!

Be careful...

Some of the brackets have ball studs with extra long shafts, which won't work in the tight space available. This is the problem I ran into with some brackets. I hope yours will work however!

How to install?

What is the process for mounting the brackets in the best positions? Just open the hood all the way and see were they sit when the strut is fully extended?

Back