FS Uno Turbo

Janis

True Classic
Friend of mine is selling UT mk2 with mk1 engine. Together with another complete engine with all wiring and management (says that it was running but where black fumes coming out of exhaust. Thinks that issues were with head on that spare engine)
Complete car is running and with MOT, excellent interior but a bit rusty. Sells all together for 2000€.

If someone see here that is looking for- assume that two sets of engines. Let me know.
Shipping from Latvia.

Could take out engine from running car. Haha shipping 20ft container to USA starts from 1500€, just engine should be not so much

Considering how rare these engines are in the US, this could be a good opportunity. But yes, it isn't cheap to ship an engine (or two) from Europe.

Are you saying shipping costs for the engine wouldn't be too much? I work for a fairly large shipping company and believe I get a discount, but not sure if it will apply to overseas shipping. I would really only be interested in the running engine with all wiring/components.

I can ask to dhl approximate price for one pellet 120x80cm with total weight 300kg to USA. Engines could be stacked, with some packaging frame of course.

Wow, it’s more complicated than I tought. Tomorrow will get answer.

Issues are:
•that I am not a company
•and engines are used- that means dangerous cargo..

Ok it’s possible.
One engine shipping to LosAngeles (just for example) 1070€ (Green Carrier group is company that agreed to ship this). My guess that weight will be 200kg. You must be sure that You can import it to USA. Shipping would be by air, because it’s dangerous cargo. and could be shipped by sea only in separate container, that would cost much more.
That 1070€ doesn’t include customs on Your side.

If it sounds worth that,we can discuss details- to drop price on engine, as I could sell parts from another one and from car..

*edit Don’t know yet about gearbox- is it “lower or upper” style box
*to Pennsylvania costs couybe same, as carrier found cheaper plane..

Last edited:
I think that's a little out of my league right now, or definitely would be after all costs associated. I do appreciate the effort in getting estimates on costs though, would be a great deal for someone who really wants to throw the turbo in!

My wife makes doll cloths and sells them on line. She has shipped to Latvia and it cost about $14 to send a 5x5x5 4oz. box.
So, take an estimated 300 pounds for an engine x 16oz. = 4800oz. divided by 4oz. = the equivalent of 1200 boxes x $14 =$16,800.
Your math may vary.
Note; this is an attempt to be funny.

It is :D
I think it could be possible to get back ~700€ selling spare engine parts and parts from interior and other..
So total shipped to USA could be ~2300€
Not cheap, but that is offer friend of mine gave to me.

I wonder if it would be less expensive to ship the whole car as a complete vehicle? The second engine could be thrown inside the car. I know it differs significantly from one country to another, but I considered shipping a car from Cypress and it was surprisingly cheap. However that might bring up new issues with receiving it on this end. I believe there is a way to ship a vehicle as a "parts car" to avoid the safety equipment regulations (it could not be titled or registered), but I don't recall the details. Maybe the engine needs to be removed?

Gotch' ya. I thought maybe a "vehicle" went as a lower rate classification than just general "cargo". For example, sometimes it is less to send a car across the US than to send the same weight/size of equipment.

Back