FS: Weber DMTR, DIC and DCNF trumpets

andreav

True Classic
For sale trumpets for Weber DMTR, DIC and DCNF carburetors.
All trumpets are reproduction from original items, DMTR and DIC from original Dergo trumpets and DCNF from original Weber trumpet.
DMTR and DIC are finished in same looking as originals, with mesh gauze on top, can be ordered also without mesh.
DMTR will fit 30/32, 32 and some od 34 series, I dont know exact for DMTL, DAT or other similar types if will fit.
DIC is for Fiat 850 carburetor, will fit only Weber 30 DIC.
Price for forum for DMTR and DIC is 80 euros, version without mesh will be cheaper.
DCNF will be around 40-50 euros, photos will be uploaded in next few days.
Shipping worldwide is ok.
20190519_174839.jpg 20190519_174903.jpg

Is the DCNF type for the carbs with a "flat" top, or for the ones with a raised throat top?
View attachment 22146 View attachment 22145
Jeff, sorry I didnt mention, it is for ˝ flat top ˝ of Weber DCNF, second photo is some my reconditioned carburetors :)
If will be enought interested, I can offer reproduction of FAZA angled trumpets for ˝ raised ˝ DCNF´s ?
FAZACatalogWebers.jpg

I'd maybe be in for a DMTR with mesh.
No problem, soon will be available thru webshop, then if you wish you can order there, will be little bit bigger price than forum but difference will be returned immediately.

If will be enought interested, I can offer reproduction of FAZA angled trumpets
A long time ago someone here had those angled air horns on their X1/9. Everyone seemed to like it. I think they are pretty much impossible to find now. So maybe there will be some interest. However hard to say how many will actually sell.

Agreed, it's the kind of stuff I remember dreaming of when I was a kid looking at car magazines. Same with some of the wheels currently discussed in another thread. Guess I'm still a kid dreaming about it.

Haha I think we are all kids sometimes, in past we dreaming about various parts, wheels, cars but today we can afford this

A long time ago someone here had those angled air horns on their X1/9. Everyone seemed to like it. I think they are pretty much impossible to find now. So maybe there will be some interest. However hard to say how many will actually sell.
Okay, think my new project for carburetor trumpets will be this angled ones

I borrowed the angled trumpets once from a friend and installed them on my 1974 US X1/9.
They looked great but interfered with the engine lid in some way. I can't remember the details, it has been a very long time.
On a later car, this could be a non-issue, especially with a 1500 lid.

Interesting that the Faza pic shows them on a 1974 US X1/9. :)

For some reason I was thinking it was the other way around; the angled horns allowed more clearance for the early lids, where the upright ones interfered. I thought that was the reason for angled ones, they extend up less in height. But I am not certain and have no first hand experience with it, so I'm sure you are correct.

The problem was at the end of the horn, to the rear of the car if I remember correctly.
Not the max. height of the horns.
I am guessing that the end of the left horn, interfered with the inner part of the lid where latch hook attaches. The inner part is lower in this area.

i also think they attract a lot of hot air being just above the exhaust and shielded of by the cover oif the engine lid.

Regarding clearance (and hot air for that matter), will they fit facing the other way around toward the front of the car? Seems that will move them away from the cover's latch and from the exhaust.

Back