SOLD - X1/9 1500 Bosch EI distributor & wiring harness

Jeff Stich

True Classic
SOLD - Good used original X1/9 1500 Bosch electronic ignition distributor with wiring harness. Includes main distributor assembly (no cap/rotor), plastic internal dust shield, wiring harness & ceramic capacitor/resistor unit, as shown below. Can also be fitted to earlier Fiat X1/9 1300 & Fiat 128 1100/1300 as an upgrade to replace their original Marelli/Ducellier points-type ignition systems (an X1/9 1500 EI coil & ignition module will also be required).

x19eidist.jpg

SOLD, thanks. ;)

Last edited:
Does this have the carbed or EFI curve? I believe we discussed this multiple times in other threads but I forget if there's backwards compatibility.

What all else is needed to convert from points? Is it just this and the controller thats either converted from a GM (i think) unit or for like 17 dollars from Vicks?
http://www.vickauto.com/newstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_7_57&products_id=2129

I want to experience the pain of points when mine gets running soon but know this is basically the number 1 upgrade for reliability.
The world got by pretty well with points for a long time. If you follow the recommended maintenance schedule, there are loads of things in that vintage car that are more likely to fail than the points. That being said, I've been contemplating building an interface for either the GM module or an old capacitive discharge unit I have to a 79 X Bosch distributor sitting on the workbench. A distributor off an FI car would have a centrifugal advance curve much closer to what I'm looking for so I may need to screw around with the springs and stops.

What all else is needed to convert from points?

As originally stated:

"Can also be fitted to earlier Fiat X1/9 1300 & Fiat 128 1100/1300 as an upgrade to replace their original Marelli/Ducellier points-type ignition systems (an X1/9 1500 EI coil & ignition module will also be required)."

The coil & module can be seen on the left in this photo:

x1500ei1 copy.JPG

The X1/9 ignition control box can be converted to use the GM HEI chip, if desired. Instructions for doing so can be found elsewhere on Xweb.

Last edited:
Back