Fuel injector hose replacement

autox19

True Classic
So in the process of troubleshooting, i broke the hose going to the cold start. It appears to be standard fuel injection high pressure hose but it looks permantly attached to the rail. (Same as the injectors) i also see the injectors have replacements with a hose attached. How to i fit them on the rail?

Odie

So in the process of troubleshooting, i broke the hose going to the cold start. It appears to be standard fuel injection high pressure hose but it looks permantly attached to the rail. (Same as the injectors) i also see the injectors have replacements with a hose attached. How to i fit them on the rail?

Odie
Maybe this video can help.
After removal of old hoses, just push on the new hoses.

but it looks permantly attached to the rail
They are not permanently attached. They get old, shrink, hard, and seem to 'fuse' on, but they will come off. I use a razor knife and slice the hose lengthwise (parallel to the direction of the hose) along the length of the nipple. Then I use a screwdriver to separate the slit and pry off the hose. I realize some people are afraid of doing this out of fear it will gouge the fuel rail nipples and create leaks. But I've done this many times, including some "ooops" moments when I did gouge the nipples rather badly, and they have never leaked afterwords. Makes quick work of removing the hose without busting your knuckles and other things.

Back