Full length cooling pipes

Dean Scharer

True Classic
I just wanted to share with this group the name and number of the guy I used to remanufacture my cooling pipes. He made them in stainless for me and has done several before mine, so he is proficient at it. He even includes the low point cooling port and plugs. I believe the total cost including shipping from North Carolina to Las Vegas ran around $320 +\-

Hope this helps someone

Rick
704-707-0119
704-793-4368

Also, Raul Solis who is big in the Zagato models sent me this info for Lancia windshields. I haven’t called yet though to verify if they make ones for the Scorpion’s .

4A030985-D86E-4BEF-89AE-D5FDF382BFDD.png

Just spoke with Rick (who was very good to deal with over the phone) and ordered a set of cooling pipes. I was expecting a little bit of a price increase given steel tariffs and inflation, sure enough they came out to around $400/set and should be here within a couple weeks. One pipe was a bit more than the other -- I think $230-ish and $140-ish each.

EDIT: Just got my invoice: $215 for the one, $144 for the other, $359 total. No line for shipping costs, so I guess that's included in the price.

Last edited:
If Dean had not recommended Rick's stainless tube solution, I woulda/coulda. Long ago, someone sent a set of old Lancia tubes to Brown Miller to copy. Now, the pattern is in their computer. No inventory, they just crank out a set as needed. I circled back twice to purchase a 90° stainless tube for custom coolant needs. Then, cut to required length and added beads.

Here is the web site. http://www.bmrs.net/

Back