FYI: "Wheeler Dealers" Cast and Location Changes

A friend of mine is a neighbor to Ant's SoCal home. I heard the new shows that Ant will do are something like the ones he previously did solo - building a car for himself. The upcoming ones will be another "custom" build like the prior one was. I'm not surprised he is staying in the US, now that he is married to a very successful US citizen and has a baby with her (my friend's wife is friends with Ant's wife - quite the story behind their relationship).

I got the feeling that Mark Priestly is something of a "milder" personality in the way that Edd China was. Meaning not as assertive as Ant. I had the feeling Brewer did not like being upstaged by Ant's strong manner, nor did Ant like playing second role. Kind of surprised they lasted as long as they did together.

I'd love to see the program with people like Edd and Mark - dropping Mike altogether. In other words stick more to just the technical stuff and get more detailed on it. ;) But I know that's not what sells TV.
Without trying to sound like over-the-fence gossips, your comment "my friend's wife is friends with Ant's wife - quite the story behind their relationship" may have been prescient---I happened to read recently where Ant & Christina are divorcing.

Without trying to sound like over-the-fence gossips, your comment "my friend's wife is friends with Ant's wife - quite the story behind their relationship" may have been prescient---I happened to read recently where Ant & Christina are divorcing.
In all honestly my comments were nothing but repeating the gossip of a friend's wife. You should here these women talk, ruthless.

Someone else mentioned the divorce thing, but I haven't been to visit my friends for a long time so don't have any updated gossip to add. However it wouldn't surprise me; if there was any truth to the gossip about how that relationship started. It must be a sign of getting old for me to even bother spreading gossip. :rolleyes:

Me? Nope, not me. I think anyone who buys one of these is buying problems though, right? It’s 46 freakin’ years old! lol.

But if you want REAL problems, the price of the TR7 is still dropping. Actually, if you’re into British cars, it’s probably a steal...

Hah, just suspicious timing I guess from when the car went up for sale and you start date, thus my comment.

Funny, a TR7 convertible has always appealed to me, the coupe not at all and I love coupes. Unfortunate they are a different form of nightmare. There have been a few in decent shape for sale and have always been tempted.

Once an X is sorted they generally are pretty reliable. Changing a few things makes the car easier to live with. Personally I would change to an electronic ignition as the early cars had poor access to the distributor and the points. The Bosch unit is entirely a standalone so it would be an easy changeover and is normally a set it and forget it solution.

Hah, just suspicious timing I guess from when the car went up for sale and you start date, thus my comment.

Funny, a TR7 convertible has always appealed to me, the coupe not at all and I love coupes. Unfortunate they are a different form of nightmare. There have been a few in decent shape for sale and have always been tempted.

Once an X is sorted they generally are pretty reliable. Changing a few things makes the car easier to live with. Personally I would change to an electronic ignition as the early cars had poor access to the distributor and the points. The Bosch unit is entirely a standalone so it would be an easy changeover and is normally a set it and forget it solution.
Since the show is now gone, I bet you could negotiate them shipping it across the country to you as part of the deal. It’s now down to $4k. The amount of work they did on the TR7 is probably that much at least - new wiring harness etc. I always liked the way they looked, but am more afraid of 70’s Brit cars (save any Jag X) than just about anything but a Trabant. lol.

That and the fact he lives next door to where the car was.

For the most part British cars from that whole era have lost their appeal for me anymore (perhaps there's one or two exceptions I suppose). When I was much younger (as were all of those cars) I liked the style of many British examples. However my only experience with one wasn't good so I never pursued them further. And now that they are much older (as am I) they just don't do it for me so much. Plus the problems with them have also grown worse with age. But then again, look what we're working on these days. :(

Back