good online source for terminals/fuse blocks/etc.

Fiataccompli

Chris Granju
I'm going to do the brown wire mod very soon on my other/new-to-me/whatever '79 X1/9 and a search here yielded photos of some rather slick terminal block & fuse block additions where folks have done the mod and continued on with relaying various heavy draw circuits such as lights & wipers....I have a few fuse blocks I've purchased, but I've never found any that I really liked. I'm curious if there's a good online source that is a bit of a 'go to' for these? Ebay? ??

thanks in advance!

Slick fuse block, does it have one source of power for all the circuits?
Or does each circuit have it's own in and out?

Thanks,

Oh, well, that is a nice idea..I actually have one of those fuse panels that I picked up for a 124 but haven't used yet. That would be an improvement over what is in the '79 presently, but I guess I was looking at a central organization for the high power side of relayed circuits...so, new circuits & their fuses. I just now ordered a distribution block (one line in, several coming out with fuses) to try for this. it may do the trick, but using the Lada panel sounds rather swell....

Chris, which distribution block did you get? I need to update my '79, with AC and several accessories, plus all the "brown wire" type mods (that I want to integrate into one fuse block with the stock stuff)...so will need more circuits than the early cars have.

Thanks. I've used that one before and really liked it. If I can't figure a way to integrate everything into one panel then I'll use one of these.

I thought of getting one of those for my X but it does not used spade type terminals and I'm not a big fan of having to convert all my wires from spade end to loop end.

Carl I totally understand, but I'm the opposite...I'd prefer to have no spade terminals, I don't find them to be quite as reliable over time (just my experience).
However they do offer the same box with spade connections. In fact most of them are, it is much more difficult to find the boxes with screw-down (ring) terminals. Take a look on eBay [I might have a link if needed].

Ideally I'd like to use the style that resembles the factory box (like noted by "TwinCam69"). Not because I want it to look factory, that does not matter to me. But because they offer many more circuits in less space. But I haven't found one with enough extra circuits to do all of the desired mods/up-grades.

well, heck, it just dawned on me this is on an pre-79 type fuse panel we're talking about with the Lada panel. For a 124 or other (ie, '74-'78) Fiat, yeah...but i'm probably back to the drawing board on what I'm doing...or, simply using a 2nd panel for the relayed circuits.

Back