Got fed up with that unreadable wiring diagram in the Tech Manual so...

think jedi

True Classic
This happened. Now my brain doesn't hurt so much.

tJ
scorpion-wiring-poster.jpg

Wow, was there a father/daughter afternoon of coloring the schematic? I've done small pages and it helps to no end but so painstaking!

The Montecarlo Consortion group on FB has a files section that had a colorized version of the wiring diagram as a high res jpeg. I printed it on 11x17 page and showed it to my colleague while complaining how hard it is to read. He said "We have a large format printer in my office". And so...

tJ

I just put it up on my wall, just to use it. I think it's going to stay. :D

lancia-scorpion-wiring-large.jpg

Let me talk to my colleague and see if he's up to printing off a couple more copies. Not sure how much it will cost, plus there's shipping, which would require a poster tube.

tJ

im in for a copy for my wall..lol seriously

Now that you mention it, something like this could make for a good series of wall displays. Maybe a complete set of prints with several relevant diagrams from the factory service manual for one's specific make/year/model of favorite car. Things like the whole engine diagram with the major parts identified, or the overall dimensions of the vehicle, or the service schedule, whatever. I've seen some neat wall prints of similar things like this for other makes and they are pretty cool. This would be a great way to decorate your garage where that favorite ride lives. ;)

The Montecarlo Consortion group on FB has a files section that had a colorized version of the wiring diagram as a high res jpeg. I printed it on 11x17 page and showed it to my colleague while complaining how hard it is to read. He said "We have a large format printer in my office". And so...

tJ
Any chance you could post that file to this site? Some places like Office Depot, and some FedEx stores could print it up easily. I would love to have them do one for myself.

Sure, I don't know if there's a "files" section to this forum, so I'll attach it here. If there's a better way, please let me know.

This is a high-res jpg file, but it prints fine on a large format printer as color line art. And yes, FedEX can do this for you...probably would be cheaper than having me do it and send it.

tJ

Last edited:
For anyone that's interested in a poster-sized wiring diagram, it's most practical to download the one I just uploaded and take it to FEDEX to have a large format print made. It should cost about $25 for it. If I do it, it'll cost that to ship, without factoring in the cost to print it.

tJ

Thanks, I think that XWeb is downsampling the uploaded image, is the Facebook page members only or an open group to save you from being our intermediary?

Thank you.

Thanks, I think that XWeb is downsampling the uploaded image, is the Facebook page members only or an open group to save you from being our intermediary?

Thank you.
The Montecarlo Consortium FB group is a members only group, but I'm pretty sure they accept everyone that applies that either has a Scorpion or MC. I've uploaded the original high-res file to Google Drive here, so have a go at that.

Did you try going to the file posted in my Google Drive? That is what I printed. Remember, I printed it as color line art, not full color. The file is 4800x3125 res...should be more than enough.
I took the file posted above to FedEx and it didn't work out. Not high enough resolution.

Thank you.

I saved the file to my PC and it says it is 1600x1042 in size. How big should it be?

I saved the file to my PC and it says it is 1600x1042 in size. How big should it be?
I just downloaded it myself and it's 4800x3125 @74dpi (which is a weird dpi, but whatever). Don't download the file I posted to this thread. They downsampled it so it's smaller than it should be. Go to the google drive link I posted a few postings ago. That one is 4800x3125.

tJ

Last edited:
I just downloaded it myself and it's 4800x3125 @74dpi (which is a weird dpi, but whatever).
OK. Thanks for checking jedi. 👍

I would say that anyone wanting a copy should find it on the source FB page. Xweb does adjust sizes to save storage on pictures.

OK, I've just replaced the low res image I posted originally with a link to the high res version on my Google Drive. Have fun!

tJ

Back